Kelly XLR Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kelly XLR Professional

alrite, i might be buying a kelly XLR too, just wondered what's a good 2nd hand price i hould be paying? it's in the UK, was £500 initially but it's gonna be less because the condition isn't that great,
    cheers

Comment

Originally posted by achren_git:
      alrite, i might be buying a kelly XLR too, just wondered what's a good 2nd hand price i hould be paying? it's in the UK, was £500 initially but it's gonna be less because the condition isn't that great,
      cheers
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Honestly, That is far too much. I've seen them in good condition for $350, which works out at £192. You might have to pay $100 for shipping, but then you've paid £230ish and saved yourself a fortune. Of course there's a risk in buying a guitar before you've actually played it - which I learnt from [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (read my dxmg post)

Comment

yeah, it is always gonna be a lot more than US prices! i was looking at a new warrior xt, $449 from music123, but the cheapest i could find without worrying about import tax is £314 from germany, or £450 in the UK!!! seems swapping the dollar sign for a pound sign is a more accurate exchange! i have though about getting a guitar from the US but i've heard that import duty can sometimes be as much as 40%, which defeats the whole point.

Comment

just had a look at your profile, you're from Scotland? whereabouts, i'm from Airdrie. where do you stay now?

Comment

yeah, it is always gonna be a lot more than US prices! i was looking at a new warrior xt, $449 from music123, but the cheapest i could find without worrying about import tax is £314 from germany, or £450 in the UK!!! seems swapping the dollar sign for a pound sign is a more accurate exchange! i have though about getting a guitar from the US but i've heard that import duty can sometimes be as much as 40%, which defeats the whole point.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well if you buy from a private buyer you don't worry about tax. Only extra cost is postage. Also if you email a few places and let them know you're interested in a guitar they might consider shipping.

Comment

just had a look at your profile, you're from Scotland? whereabouts, i'm from Airdrie. where do you stay now?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool, I'm outside Perth [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X