Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson DKMG vs. ibanez rg 620 QM

hi there

i know it's quite a "dangerous" question to ask on a J/C forum ( [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ), but still, which one do you think is the higher end guitar?
    both are used, the RG is a japan...see thru blue with QM top. looks killer, except for the fugly dot inlays. PU's are the stock V series. it comes with a case that's slightly broken. i guess it will go for around 450 euro.
    the jackson is a cobalt blue, with tremolo, and comes with a strap (including schaller security locks) and a quality case. BIN is 550 euro, starting price is 400 euro. i'm 100% sure it won't go via BIN, and i think 400 is a reasonable price for it - btw, this very guitar retails at 699 euro (excluding case and strap, through)

any thoughts? if it was a DXMG it would be a no brainer, but i've no experience with DKMG guitars. basically an EMG'ed double humbucking DK2, right?

thanks in advance

Re:`

DKMG without a doubt... not just because its a Jackson, but because mine is one of the best guitars Ive ever played. Get it, you wont be disappointed! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The DKMG is also an archtop, as opposed to the DXMG and DK2.

Comment

well, actually, if the DKMG was a DKMGT i'd go for it in a heartbeat. ATM i have 3 guitars, all loaded with a floating trem. it's definitely time for a change imho.....that's why i wanted to go for a schecter hellraiser in the first place - no trem, kickass looks. schecter germany (or half of europe for that matter) sucks balls, though....

i don't have the money for a new (= not used) guitar, as my limit is around 450 euro. not because i'm on a budget, but because i'm suffering from a VERY bad case of amp-GAS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] otherwise i'd go for a new jackson without a trem...

Comment

i've owned both a dxmg and wrmg. if it was a choice between the dkmg, dxmg and ibanez, the dkmg would win my vote. tried a dkmgt recently - fantastic sound, looks and build - except that i don't like string thru's.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

$450 euros is around $550-600 American right? Thats MORE than enough to get a DKMGT with a case, shipped over to you! If you need a hand with finding one over here, lemme know. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Is that RG body basswood, like most of them are? If so, the DKMG all the way.

Comment

no, it's mahogany with a maple top.

15 min left on the RG...

Comment

ok, didn't score the ibanez. just couldn't get past the damn dot inlays, and the fact that i'd buy ANOTHER floyd loaded guitar. 351 euro, plus case, and 15 euro shipping.

as a matter of fact, i'm not even sure if i'll go for the jackson, mainly because of the tremolo, and because of the cobalt blue color - i already have one cobalt blue, and one blue-green-ish guitar, and i don't even like the color [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

any idea what i should look at? as i said, 24 frets, NO DOTS (!), string thru bridge, should be around 400 euro use, +-50

Comment

Read my post above... DKMGT = string through.

Comment

Re: Re:`

$531 by todays rates. that's £308. if i tried to buy the same guitar in the uk with a standard case it would cost me £500 minimum - that's $860!!! face it - the uk is THE ripoff country for guitars.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

i think europe in general is pretty damn expensive, not only for guitars (some of the not-so-special USA jacksons run for well over 2000 euro here), but also when it comes to amps. mesa dual recto = 2600 euro

regarding the dkmgt...that one would fit the bill feature-wise. 670 euro without case, though [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Like I said, get one over here in the USA!! eBay link

Look at that price... factor in $100 for shipping to you, and your still right where you wanna be price wise and have a brand new guitar to boot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Like I said, get one over here in the USA!! eBay link

Look at that price... factor in $100 for shipping to you, and your still right where you wanna be price wise and have a brand new guitar to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            I second that.
                            Even if you end up having to pay import taxes, you can often get off cheaper than if you bought the same guitar in Europe. The prices for new guitars in the US are often as low as what the same guitar goes for used in Europe - so definitely look around for good deals. If you check out american dealers, it would be a good idea to e-mail them for a price quote, since Jacksons have a minimum advertisable price there.

Comment

IMHO if uve invested in a DKMG uve pretty much had a taste of wut $900-above priced guitars play like..bottom-line...kickass guitar for the price. it has stock HZ's which arent too bad..ive compared them side by side with actives and there's hardly any difference. oh, also check if the rg has those 2 nuts at the back of the headstock/neck joint area...theyre known to be a weakpoint in the guitars' neck in the long run...i once accidentally mentioned this on the ibanez forum and got my ass whooped!! lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X