Mahogany Body Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahogany Body Jacksons

Does anyone know of any other early Jackson models that had solid Mahogany bodies ?

Re: Mahogany Body Jacksons

I believe the Archtop Soloist was mahogany...

Comment

y2kv Honduras Mahog

Comment

Some DR3s. Here is a page from the 1993 catalog.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

The Archtop Pros and 750XL are both mahogany with a maple top and maple set neck.They are both 24.75 scale and were available with and without a trem.Also the Charvel Model 88 though not Jackson was all mahogany with a maple rosewood neck.The ony newer ones I can think of are the SLATQH , SLS , SL2H-MAH soloists and the COW DK6 and DK7
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I am a sucker for the older inexpesive Jacksons...I have had 3 Fusion HH's in the past and truley feel that these were some of the finest Jacksons ever made,

Will

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The Archtop Pros and 750XL are both mahogany with a maple top and maple set neck.They are both 24.75 scale and were available with and without a trem.Also the Charvel Model 88 though not Jackson was all mahogany with a maple rosewood neck.The ony newer ones I can think of are the SLATQH , SLS , SL2H-MAH soloists and the COW DK6 and DK7

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the Soloist Archtop Professionals? Or the Archtops with the 3x3 headstock?

I always thought my Archtop Pro was poplar...
              But if it's indeed mahogany, I stand corrected. And it would explain why my Archtop Pro sounds so damn great. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the Soloist Archtop Professionals? Or the Archtops with the 3x3 headstock?

I always thought my Archtop Pro was poplar...
                But if it's indeed mahogany, I stand corrected. And it would explain why my Archtop Pro sounds so damn great. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No Popular in the Archtop Pro just Mahogany and maple.I agree they are great sounding and playing guitars.Check out the the catalog for the the specs.
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Fucking awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  Damn I had no idea... I thought only the Limited '91 Archtop Pro's were mahogany.

But I really always wondered why my Soloist sounds so round and full... I blamed it on the short-scale and setneck.

Comment

I agree...the older Japanese Professional series were really well made....I would buy one in a heart beat...hell I own 7 of them now....I snatch them up as quick as I can...

Comment

To me, the ultimate full sounding electric is an all mahogany set neck guitar with a tunamatic bridge. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I agree...the older Japanese Professional series were really well made....I would buy one in a heart beat...hell I own 7 of them now....I snatch them up as quick as I can...

[/ QUOTE ]

We need pics of them!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X