poor translucent finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor translucent finishes

every time i see someone's WRMG in trans-black/green/blue, the effect is immediately noticeable. so why do i have to squint at my WRMG or plonk it in bright sunlight? i'm only using dunlop65 guitar spray. what's everyone else using that brings their trans-finishes to life?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: poor translucent finishes

Buy a good one to begin with?
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .. maybe because of your display name? (just kiddin')

Comment

is it trans black? usually, tops that are trans black weren't very good to begin with, so they're shot black.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

yes, its trans black. but i saw another trans black wrmg on the iron maiden forum and the trans effect shows up nice and clear. no local shop in my area bothers to stock any jackson guitars. i have to order everything i want. so, no means of hand-picking the best. i ponder as to what their reaction would be if i asked them to order two wrmg's and i pick just one. <big sigh>. i hate the uk... must be because we have the shittest weather..

when you say "shot black", do you mean its a light and cheap way of butting on a trans-finish?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

no, sorry, when i said shot black, i meant "shot" as in "shooting a coat of paint" kinda way. yeah, trans black is a pretty dodgy color to go with, imo. other than polishing your guitar up nicely, there's really nothing you can do to bring out the figuring.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
            X