Need recommendations on buying a used import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need recommendations on buying a used import

Hey guys,I am planning on buying my brother a used jackson for x-mas.He doesn't care what shape.What's the best import model that isn't too expensive..i'm looking into the $250 range.USED of course..
    help me out!
    oh yeah,he's in my band..he plays a gibson explorer,he just needs a backup guitar for shows..

Re: Need recommendations on buying a used import

DK2
    DXMG (post 2002)
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

thanks

Comment

DK2 - I got a new one one the bay for $285 + ship, but no case. I paid too much so you should do better.

The carved top DKMG (I thinks) looks good too.

A KE3 might be a good choice (best choice?) as well since he likes the explorer shape. I got a black one for $195 + s&h, but no case once again.

Whatever you do, GET THE CASE! It's a pain in the ass getting a case later, and you have to pay $30 to ship the guitar, then another $30 to ship the case. You get f'd in shipping charges.

Comment

i'd take the DK2 out of those mentioned. every non-strat shaped guitar i've had resulted in a very expensive case (£200 to house my WRMG) or no case at all. the most i'd spend on a decent case (new) is £50. gig bags are a false economy.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

what about a warrior import? can I find those for sup 200 with case?

Comment

P.M.sent
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

P.M replied

Comment

Check out an older DR3 Professional... made in Japan, VERY nice guitars for the price.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Heres a great deal! Dont know if its MIJ or not, but its a good guitar right in your price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Dinky-Revers...1QQcmdZViewItem
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

you'll be lucky to get a proper case for any warrior, import or otherwise unless you're extremely lucky on ebay. its exactly the same shape on either version of a warrior - wrmg/wrxt/js30wr/wr1 and there's only two cases that will fit a warrior properly. save yourself some serious agro and get a dk2. it's got a thinner neck profile, making it easier to play.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                      X