turbocharger/afterburner/firestorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbocharger/afterburner/firestorm

it's a gain boost. my WRMG has a turbocharger (20db), i saw a dx10dfs that has a firestorm (25db), and now there's an afterburner too (for which guitar i don't know). what's the difference apart from name and intensity level?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: turbocharger/afterburner/firestorm

AFAIK...
    turbocharger = EMG-HZ
    firestorm = Duncan Designed
    afterburner = EMG
    Hail yesterday

Comment

they are all preamps/gainboosters. you can put them on any pickup you want...but i don't know differences
      theres also emg pa2, jackson je1000...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        .... what's the difference apart from name and intensity level?

[/ QUOTE ]

All color you tone in a different way (they´re all supposed to be transparent, but they arent 100%), and on some the gain level is adjustable via pus-hull pot (EMG PA-2), on others it´s a simple on-off issue [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That push/pull is a After Burner. The PA-2 is a switch version I/O but it has also a small pot to adjust the amount of gain.

Comment

Turbocharger is pull-on adjustable too.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I don't really use mine at all on my DKMGT. I have replaced the bridge pu a couple of times and still can't get a decent match/sound. This is the only guitar I have ever owned that I just dont like the tone. I think the Turbocharger is just a bit too noisy for my taste.
              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

It depends on the amp too... Going through my JCM900 it sounds awsome.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

having only used the turbocharger, i'm not in position to state any preference between the different versions. my turbocharger (WRMG) tends to be selective to it's use insofar as i've only used it on a very limited few of my boss gt-8 patches which i constructed from scratch. because i only use a roland vs1880 and a pair of dt100 headphones for monitoring, the turbocharger poses no threat to blowing anything up. that said, i don't use high gain levels in my preamp/speaker sections on my gt-8. the TC is innapropriate for the gt-6 patches i made.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The TC is pretty much inappropriate for anything other than a tube amp.

Comment

Working...
                    X