KE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KE3

Does $199 for a use KE3 sound decent? It's got no neck pickup (there's a cavity, just no pickup), and is missing the locking nut retainers. It's not a huge deal, as I'd never use the neck pickup anyway (and would replace it with an EMG if I were going to), and I can't imagine the retainers being too expensive. Any input?

Re: KE3

Great price to me, especially if it's in fantastic shape.

Comment

I'm waiting for more pics, but according to the seller, the body "shows some cosmetic damage." I'm planning on refinishing it in green, with black bevels, and really converting it to a single-bucker setup though, so...

Comment

hmm, i knew there'd be a catch - cosmetic damage. well, it would cost me anywhere from £349 upwards (add £50-£150 for trans or grahpic finishes) for a brand new one. personally, i never take on a used guitar regardless of it's face value condition because i've always had problems later. i've heard the kelly (or certain ones discussed elsewhere on this forum) have a neck dive issue. the other problem is that i would be replicating the current issue of an expensive case. £200 for a jcc917 to house my wrmg...<heart attack>... besides, i don't like chrome hardware which is what the ke3 has, and there's no tone knob. the rear control cavity on my wrmg looks as though the electrics are going to burst their way through the plastic cavity plate. will have to get that looked at.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I used to have a KE-3 and I had alot of electrical problems, and neck problems too, especially being neck heavy. So I got rid of it. Cool shape though

Comment

Have KE-3s always had chrome hardware? This one is black, and has a non-Duncan Designed pickup, so I'm assuming it's older.

Comment

i've never had the chance to try a kelly. what's the neck profile like? i prefer thin necks (like on a dxmg)
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I picked up a KE3 for $195 + S&H on the bay - no case. Little bit dinged up on the tips, nothing major. Sold the neck and chrome hardware for the price of the guitar and put on a DK-1 neck and black hardware (black body). Looks killer now.

Comment

if you use a leather strap, it wont neckdive. Also you can move the strap pin to one of the Neck bolts, will change the fulcrum and stop it almost completely.
                  I think its a good deal, specially if you are going to refinish it anyway, and what 60 70 bucks for a new Duncan Jazz for the neck.
                  A case for it is usually found one ebay for right at 100 bucks..
                  PM me and I can help you with it
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                  X