Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DXMG serial number - japan or korean made ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG serial number - japan or korean made ?

Is this DXMG made in japan or korea: 01040035 ?
    does it have the jt580 on it ? seller says is 1 year and a half old.

Thanks

Re: DXMG serial number - japan or korean made ?

1st of all the DXMGs were never made in korea. The first year of production was in India, since then it has been made in Japan.

The first year models (made in India) have the JT500 trem, Japan made models have the JT580 trem. My DXMG serial number is 01040069 and it was an India made guitar, so it would stand to reason that that one would also be an India made guitar.

Mine has played very well and held up nicely over the last couple of years. The trem arm works its self loose when used, but otherwise works fine. On a side note does anyone have a fix for this?
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

My Japan-made DXMG is 6 months old.

It has the 580LP trem and an SN: 9684170

Comment

To sum up:

Indian DXMGs:
        -Serial numbers start with 10 or 010
        -JT500 trem
        -2001 era

Japanese DXMGs:
        -Serial numbers start with 9
        -JT580 trem
        -2002 and up
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"

Mine has played very well and held up nicely over the last couple of years. The trem arm works its self loose when used, but otherwise works fine. On a side note does anyone have a fix for this?

"

I had the same problem. I got a new arm/collar assembly made for a JT-6 or JT-580LP tremolo.

this works much better.

DRH

Comment

ok, i know i've asked this before, but:should i or shouldn't i buy an indian made dxmg ? this guitar will have to last a long time, btw.

Comment

Well, most people feel the Indian models had alot of QC problems.

Jackson wised up and decided to move the production back to Japan.

It's up to you, as I'm sure there are Indian Jacksons that are decent, however I think most here would avoid them.

The Japan-made DXMG is pretty much built as well as a US Jackson. (Speaking as someone who owns both)

[ August 11, 2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

I'd also vote for a MIJ DXMG. The best place to get one is Onlinestagegear.com but you'd better hurry, as I just read on here that FMIC dropped Matt.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I second Racerx's post, mostly because the MIJ DXMGs have the JT580 trem and the finish is better quality as well.

I'll look into the JT6 trem arm solution. Thanks for the tip.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    To sum up:

Indian DXMGs:
                    -Serial numbers start with 10 or 010
                    -JT500 trem
                    -2001 era

Japanese DXMGs:
                    -Serial numbers start with 9
                    -JT580 trem
                    -2002 and up
                    well it seems i have the Japanese version. if you info is correct.
                    Ill attach some pics and see what you guys have to say about it. to confirm or not that my dxmg is a japanese or indian one.
                    Thanks
                    Q: )
                    HI guys
                    i was searching the forum , cause im not completely sure if my jackson dxmg is a japanese or indian made one(since mine i bought used and the sticker wasnt on it ) and i came across this post and another one.

my jackson is a very nice guitar. bright toned guitar, shark tooth inlays, it came with a set of emg hz pickups, that i LIked, but i installed a set of 81-60a. and the bridge , although its a bit ugly, stays in tune nicely. But im really interested in solving this enigma and find out where this guitar was made in.

so, ill gather information here and ill post some pics and ask some questions, but my main and first question is : WIll it help to identify which country it was made in, if i took the neck out ? will any made in japan or any CODES be written there ?!

im attatching some pics and i HOPE You guys could help me
                    Q: )
                    thanks in advance
                    JP

Charvel Fusion Deluxe - Duncan Custom/Jb Jr.
                    Jackson DXMG - 81-60A
                    Fender American Standard - Nailbombs
                    Ibanez RG7420 - Evolution 7 - Liquifire 7
                    Ibanez RG7420 - Blaze Custom 7 - Air Norton 7
                    Ibanez SR550 Bass - Stock

Ibanez Rg550 - pickupless Q: (

Comment

Working...
                    X