RR-5 pickup spacing......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-5 pickup spacing......

Can you guys tell me the reason why the rr-5 use the trem spaced duncan tb-4's instead for a tom style bridge? does it share the same pole piece spacing as a floyd bridge? just wondering as I'm considering a bridge pup swap sometime in the future.the second part of my question for rr5 owners is what pup's have you tried out? while i like the stock duncans I'd like one in the bridge to tame the highs a little and bring out more bottom end lower mids as it tends to be a very bright sounding guitar thanks in advance for any replies.

Re: RR-5 pickup spacing......

Someone here mentioned a while back that Gibson changed their bridge-spacing specs to equal Fender spacing, and naturally everyone else followed suit, so now all (most) TOMs are F-spaced.

As for pickups, try a Duncan Custom.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Woah, didn't know that.

That said, when I bought my KVX10 years ago, it had the trem spaced Duncan Designed HB103 in the bridge, which didn't align with the strings... I swapped it for a normal SH-6 Distortion.

Now the funny thing is, I have my COW DK-6 on order and already bought the SH-6 for the bridge (no EMG for me!)... good move or bad move? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

yeah, I wasn't aware of that either for pickups I was thinking about something like a custom 5 i have one in an ibanez and am pretty impressed w/it.

Comment

I left the TB-4 in the bridge, but put a Jazz in the neck, so it was the same arrangement as an RR-1.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

if it is trem spaced or not does not make that big a diference.

i have a normal spaced SH4 in the bridge of my charvel fusion and it has no problems or volume loss or anything what so ever

the kv10x uses trem spaced designed pups because they dont make any regular spaced designed pickups.
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Working...
            X