Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 with Sustainiac

I wanna know who has one of these...
    I bought one this weekend. will post pics when It gets here.
    but how do you work the sustainer.. as its different from the one on a PC1...
    Its Amber Sunburst BTW and will have an Original Floyd and Real Duncans put in them.. (i have a dealer account with both companies) so its cheap cheap cheap for me to upgrade them...
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Re: DK2 with Sustainiac

I don't have one, but you can read about the sustainiac here.

http://www.sustainiac.com/jackson.htm
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

The Sustainiac Stealth Plus in the DK-2S and the Jackson sustainer in the PC-1 work exactly the same.
      The only difference really is who made them.
      The Jackson sustainer is made by Floyd Rose and is almost an exact copy of the Sustainiac Stealth Plus system.
      -Rick

Comment

DK2's will soon be showing up in stores with a POP sheet attached to the guitar showing you how it works.

You can PM me with your email address and I'll send you a scan of the POP which should help you. Also, you can go to www.sustainiac.com for info as well.

Comment

I have a DK2S, the sustainer usage gets very natural after a while.

But yes, it's good idea to replace the bridge pickup with Duncans or DiMarzios... The Sustainer really came to life after I installed a DiMarzio Super Distortion.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The Sustainiac Stealth Plus in the DK-2S and the Jackson sustainer in the PC-1 work exactly the same.
            The only difference really is who made them.
            The Jackson sustainer is made by Floyd Rose and is almost an exact copy of the Sustainiac Stealth Plus system.

[/ QUOTE ]
            No, they dont and no it isnt... the PC1 system is a 18volt system, or 9volt parallel system. The DK2s is a straight 9volt system. The PC1 has two 2position mini toggles. and the DK2s has a 2way,and a 3way mini toggle. That is why I am confused. The FR sustainer has been around for 15+years and came on Vivian Campbells "night swan" Kramer guitar.
            as standard equiptment. The sustainiac looks nothing like it and I couldnt get it to do anything like what the PC1's I have...

instock inventory

Comment

I must be thinking of the Fernandez sustainer (FSK-401).
              I know one of them (Sustainiac/Fernandez) functioned just like the one in the PC-1.
              Yes, I know Sustainiac is only a 9v system and not an 18v, but I was talking about the functionality of the switches.
              The 3 way mini on the Sustainiac, if I recall correctly, is a blend of both fundamental and harmonic sustain. The other is just an on/off. Other than the blend function of the 3 way, it's functionality is the same.
              I've played with so many lately it's not funny.
              I'm still looking to add a sustainer to my PC-3 so I can have it as a backup for my slightly injured (busted neck) PC-1 right now.
              Still searching ebay for a decent price on an FSK-401.
              Found a few many times, but kept getting outbid.
              -Rick

Comment

@Jacksonite.
                Here is a link to the user manual for your sustainer.
                http://www.sustainiac.com/install.htm#DK2S
                Looks like you do not have any gain control in Harmonic mode.
                -Rick

Comment

One switch turns it on and off. The other is for sustain, fake harmonic, and a blend of the two (or something like that), and the knob controls the feedback. Fairly simple.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

the fake harmonic and blend must be what was messing me up..

Well, it should be here next week sometime

instock inventory

Comment

2 way toggle : on/off
                      3 way toggle : fundamental/blend/harmonic

I suggest using the blend position, as some areas of the fretboard work better with fundamentals, and others with harmonics, so the blend will kind of take off on whichever setting works better for that particular area of fretboard you are playing on.

Comment

Working...
                      X