Archtop Soloist Professional Neck Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archtop Soloist Professional Neck Specs

Hi everyone, im new to the forum and jcfonline is by far one of the most informative jackson forums around the net. Good stuff!

Quick question. Does anyone know the neck specs of those early 90s archtop soloist pros? yknow, the one with H-H pup config, 24fret, string-thru (MIJ?). eg. neck thickness at 12th fret, thin flat/thin-U, etc.?

Im wondering if the necks on those models are any thinner than the current US sl2h's.

Any assistance will be very much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance guys! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Archtop Soloist Professional Neck Specs

I just know that the neck feels great. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It is pretty thin (and short-scale too), from what I've heard I'm pretty sure a current SL2H will have a beefier neck.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I´ve never played one, but if it´s anything like the other necks I´ve tried from that era a modern Soloist should have a thicker neck.

Comment

I own three of them( my favorite Jacksons [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ) and I would say they feel very much like a newer SL1-SL2 as far as the back shape.I measured them and they average out to .785@3rd and .890@12th. They are a bit beefier than a soloist by .040@12th or 1MM.They are also a set neck not a neck through.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
        X