X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KV4

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    i hope its not a takeimuchi, my rhoads has that and it sucks..

[/ QUOTE ]
    The Takeuchi made JT580LP trem is better than what's on the current imports. Then again, I've never had a problem with any of the JT580LP trems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is a Takeuchi made 580LP, and it is pure crap!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I have a DXMG, DK2 and KE3 with the JT580 LP and haven't had a single problem in years of using and abusing those things.
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I will just re-iterate what I've said in other threads before. The JT580LP are "sort of decent" trems as far as floyd copies go. They do hold the tuning well - if still in good condition - and I've certainly tried worse trems. However, both the OFR and the Schaller Floyd are MILES above the JT580LP in terms of quality (and also in playability IMO).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I will just re-iterate what I've said in other threads before. The JT580LP are "sort of decent" trems as far as floyd copies go. They do hold the tuning well - if still in good condition - and I've certainly tried worse trems. However, both the OFR and the Schaller Floyd are MILES above the JT580LP in terms of quality (and also in playability IMO).

[/ QUOTE ]
          Agreed all the way, but somehow I find the jt580 a bit more comfortable to put my hand onto
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            are the kv4's neck thrue?

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yeah, neck-thru, Floyd, Duncans stock I think(not sure), fins on non-bound rosewood board.

Staining just by using a dye doesn't change the feel either. Although if you use ebony dust, epoxy etc. to fill the grain it sure would but there is not really a need for that IMHO if you are just going for the "ebony" look.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yep, just going for the look. will it damage the inlays? or do I tape them up or something? will it REALLY look like ebony? anyone know if the sharkies on the kv4 are real MOP, or at least good fake MOP? (better then the recent stuff on RR3's and stuff)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Yep, just going for the look. will it damage the inlays? or do I tape them up or something? will it REALLY look like ebony? anyone know if the sharkies on the kv4 are real MOP, or at least good fake MOP? (better then the recent stuff on RR3's and stuff)

[/ QUOTE ]
              No, it won't look like Ebony. It will look like dyed Rosewood. It will still have all its grain, but I am pretty sure it will satisfy you.

You might want to preserve the inlays I don't know if they are real MOP or not... Use a cuetip or something to apply the dye and be careful. You will be fine.

Comment

Depending on how smooth the rosewood is, and how tight the grain is, it could look very ebony-like, or not. Rosewood varies greatly in it's density and grain. Tight grained rosewood feels much more like ebony, but unfortunately is harder to dye.

As for the inlays on the KV4s, they are mother-of-plastic, and while they look decent from a distance, close up, they look like plastic. However, I am a picky bastard, and have never liked anything other than real M.O.P or Abalone anyway.

Here is a pic of one of mine. See for yourself.

Then again, you can't really see it very well. Never mind. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That picture is actually very bad. The guitar is darker red than that for a start. The rosewood fretboard doesn't really look that awful either. Yuck. I suck at digital photography.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    wasn't it 1999-2001 or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

2001-2002 IIRC
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

From the 2000 bi-fold.

Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Hmmm, didn't see that here:

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...ders/sf00.html

So, 2000-2001 then
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X