Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone played the Wolbers signature model yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone played the Wolbers signature model yet?

It looks great, but I can't seem to find any information or reviews online. Has anyone played this model yet?
    Swee-Tone Bent Top-->TU-2-->NS-2-->Keeley MM4-->DL4-->Voodoo Modded TSL100-->Bogner 2x12

Re: Has anyone played the Wolbers signature model

No, I haven't... I have one on order, but since there aren't any left in Europe, I'll have to wait another nine weeks (argh!!!) or so until it arrives. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I was just about to ask this very question. I know a few people had them on order, and I'm curious if the 7-string version is any good.
      sigpic

Comment

Jacksonite has a DK-7, and Widowmaker a DK-6.
        Threads:
        http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post536874
        http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post456681
        http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post495806

Comment

I have played both the 6 & 7 string versions and they are totally brutal! They are extremely lightweight and the all mahogany body and neck, combined with the strings through construction, give them a great meaty tone. The ebony fingerboard is a dream to play as well. The 7 string I tried had a slight bit of fret buzz when drop tuned, but I dare say with a decent setup it shouldnt be an issue.
          Honestly, for the money, these guitars (in black) are an AWESOME deal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            No, I haven't... I have one on order, but since there aren't any left in Europe, I'll have to wait another nine weeks (argh!!!) or so until it arrives. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here bro, have to wait another 8 weeks before i get my hands on mine. but it will be worth the wait [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey triumph, where did you get ahold of these? I'd love to check out the Dk-7 black

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here bro, have to wait another 8 weeks before i get my hands on mine. but it will be worth the wait [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's for sure!

Comment

They play well enough (DK-7), but they are extremely limiting IMHO. That one EMG and volume knob kept me from getting anything short of full speed ahead, here comes the metal chunka. The cleans suck. I've had EMGs in other guitars before (I don't like them anymore) that at least let some natural ressonance through, but this thing was just tonally dead.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    They play well enough (DK-7), but they are extremely limiting IMHO. That one EMG and volume knob kept me from getting anything short of full speed ahead, here comes the metal chunka. The cleans suck. I've had EMGs in other guitars before (I don't like them anymore) that at least let some natural ressonance through, but this thing was just tonally dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I want my DK-6 to do!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                    Pure metal, no cleans, no compromise. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

And I have already bought a new Seymour Duncan Distortion pickup, it lies on the desk in front of me waiting impatiently for that guitar to arrive.

Comment

"That's exactly what I want my DK-6 to do!!!
                      Pure metal, no cleans, no compromise."

You'll get all of that you can stand. Do be aware if you switch to passive pickups then you'll still have the empty battery box in the back of the guitar-it's not in the pickup control cavity. Just FYI

Comment

Yes I've seen that battery box on the pics.
                        I'm wondering if I could use it to store some plecs... [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Its where the phone numbers go [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I bought a Jackson COW model! It looks even more evil in person...and the craftsmanship is excellent! However, I'm somewhat unhappy with the EMG-81. I may try an 85 before I go passive. Has anyone made this switch? I tune CGCFAD...and replacing the strings with Ernie Ball Light Top Heavy Bottom strings definitely enhanced the tone. However, there's still room for improvement. If anyone has any questions about this model, I'm happy to help out!
                            Swee-Tone Bent Top-->TU-2-->NS-2-->Keeley MM4-->DL4-->Voodoo Modded TSL100-->Bogner 2x12

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Hey triumph, where did you get ahold of these? I'd love to check out the Dk-7 black

[/ QUOTE ]

You in Aus? I saw them both at My Music in Penrith, but there not there anymore..

Comment

Working...
                              X