Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS-4 series

Hi all,

Wondering if you might give me some information/input on these guitars. I'm not at all fimiliar with this model so any information will be useful. The one I'm looking at is a lefty model **did these come stock lefty??** with a custom paint job. He's asking $500. It's suppost to be in great shape. The neck is off-set dot inlay with a reverse headstock. The neck itself looks like a the Stealth EX's, are they the same??

thanks again for any/all input.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: PS-4 series

$500 is WAY too much, considering most Performer models went for less than that brand new.
    sigpic

Comment

I have one, and it's decent but I think the $350 I paid for it (used) is a bit too much, and think $500 is way too much for sure. Since it's not a USA model then it's most likely a 3rd party custom paint job; have any pics of it?

Comment

Pickups are H-S-H, which might be important to you if the middle pickup interferes with your playing style. I remember ps-4's selling new for $300 at times, so I'd say it would have to be a super nice paint job and in great condition to justify $500.

Comment

Thanks for update guys. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller and while doing so, I did some further research. The 'graphics' that are on the guitar may just be stickers!!!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Who would paint a graphic over the top coat??? The trans-blue finish on the guitar was a standard finish, nothing custom about that. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Custom Reverse headstock, standard as well. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] I think this is a pass. I'm not sure if the $400 starting bid is even worth it. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Oh well, thats why I asked here first. You guys are so much more in touch with reality. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Body Style: Dinky Reverse
            Body: Alder
            Neck: Maple
            Fingerboard: Rosewood
            Scale: 25.5 (24 frets)
            Bridge: JT500 (Double Locking)
            Neck Pickup: J170
            Middle Pickup: J135
            Bridge Pickup: J70

That'll be it. I think $500 is overpriced though.

Enjoy [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I bought one from GC for $250.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Signal:
                Pickups are H-S-H, which might be important to you if the middle pickup interferes with your playing style.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The center one actually bugs the hell out of me and I wish it wasn't there.

Comment

On my Jem (H-S-H) I just sinked the middle pup into the pickguard.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                    On my Jem (H-S-H) I just sinked the middle pup into the pickguard.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The past tense of "sink" is "sank"; past perfect is "sunk", as, "Word has sunk his
                    middle pickup into the pickguard". [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Don't they teach English in Catholic School? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The nuns'll be smacking
                    your knuckles if they hear about this.
                    I hear Sister Mary Immaculata just got a
                    DK2 (NOT Hot Rod Flames though!) so don't
                    think it couldn't happen! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                      I hear Sister Mary Immaculata just got a
                      DK2 (NOT Hot Rod Flames though!) so don't
                      think it couldn't happen! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I somehow suspect it wasn't a blood drip one either... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

one day I asked myself if the past tense of QUIT could be QUET instead of QUITTED

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

i own the PS6T (kelly model) and am rather pleased with it.
                          i have also played the PS3 (rhodes model) and liked it alot aswell.

very good guitars with lots of bang for the buck, hell, it could do some guitars that are a couple of hunderd bucks above some serious justice [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

and remember kids, Jackson kicks ass, even if its not american.
                          all praise jackson [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

cheers dudes [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X