What imports were dinky with TOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What imports were dinky with TOM?

I'm having 900 euros to buy tools and build my first guitar (selling the drum kit... ouch). I think the easiest for me would be to buy a 2nd hand, or do a mutt, dinky with TOM. My project will be neck through but using the dinky's dimensions I could make it a soloist and use the hardware, as well as use the body as a template for dimensions, neck angles, etc...
    So far in the list I have the DKMGT and er... ya know, thinking of it, that's all hehe! I'd rather not spend more than 300 euros (350 dollars) for it, possibly go up to 350 euros (400 bucks). Would that enable me to score either a COW dinky or a second hand DKMGT? What other guitars should I be on the lookout for in this price range?
    If only I could play standing up then I'd do a V and it'd all be solved [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: What imports were dinky with TOM?

My DR-6 is an import with a TOM. No tailpiece though, string-through body.

Comment

Oh looks sweet! How much do they usually go for second hand?
      I so wish I could go for a DK6 COW but they're 600 euros for the lowest price I found. Same price in the US right? About 700 bucks maybe?

Comment

Dinky HX. Only about 100 made in '94. The original import pickups weren't all that great, but they did come with a push/pull tone pot to split them into single coils. Mine's now got EMGs... 85b/60n. I also had a red one and sold it to another board member.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Of the top of my head:
          DR-6, DX-6, DKMGT, DXMGT, JS30DK (hardtail version), Dinky HX.
          And now... the COW. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Can any of these be easily available for less than 350, or maybe 400?

Comment

Ohhh wait... my budget is of 1112 dollars it seems. Is it possible to find an SLSMG for less than 600 by any chance? If so I'll try and go for that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Can any of these be easily available for less than 350, or maybe 400?

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yes. I paid less than that for my Dinky HX when I got it brand new around '94 or '95. They're hard to find, though.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X