Dinky XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky XL

I have a lead on a Metalic Blue Dinky XL I am guessing is from the mid 90's. I haven't seen it yet but it's suppose to be in very good condition. What kind of price is reasonable for these guitars?
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Re: Dinky XL

Hmm, $250-$350 depending on condition, mods and/or upgrades. This is an import probably with professional on the headstock? It also depends on if you end up really liking it, then it may be worth more to you.

Comment

I've seen them go as high as $600. I landed a metallic black XL with Schaller trem and Duncan pickups for around $350 with OHSC, although it'd had some repairs done to it as well. Best $350 I ever spent on a guitar.
      sigpic

Comment

$600? Was that in mint shape with ebony and real MOP Sharkies?

Comment

As far as I know XLs don't have ebony boards.

Comment

Xls have bound rosewood boards, also the body wood is basswood. I have seen excellent ones go for 400-450
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, there was a time not terribly long ago when `90s Professionals were going for rather outlandish prices. I'll be the first to say that they are great guitars, but sometimes I think that people get caught up in the "old Japanese Jacksons are as good as USAs" hype and pay more than they normally would.

I spent $350 on my modded Dinky XL and spent $300 refinishing (GMW) a Soloist Pro that I bought for $460, and I think very highly of them. Then again, look at what a bound Pro neck with MOP inlays goes for on eBay.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks all. I'll get a chance to actually see it next Saturday and will determine how good of shape it really is in.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I have a 1994 Dinky XL that I would probably never sell. They RARELY sell below $300 and they are worth every frekin penny.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                  X