KVX10 intonation problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVX10 intonation problems?

I was just asked on another board if someone should by a KVX10. I OF COURSE said, buy a Jackson. Someone else posted that the KVX10 has intonation problems. Was this just the ones he played, or is this a common issue?
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Re: KVX10 intonation problems?

This is the first time I've heard this in all the years I've been here. Did he try adjusting the bridge saddles? It sounds kinda stupid to blow a model line off based on just one playing experience...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      This is the first time I've heard this in all the years I've been here. Did he try adjusting the bridge saddles? It sounds kinda stupid to blow a model line off based on just one playing experience...

[/ QUOTE ]
      +1. And if the saddles were adjusted, what gauge strings were being used and what tuning? Sometimes when using heavy gauges and tuning low, you may run into that problem on a 25.5" scale and need a longer scale to compensate.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I said it was prolly a setup thing, but who knows the guy could have fucked up his tunomatic
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I have a KVX10, I have used it in E standard with 0.010 strings, Eb with 0.0105 strings, and B with 0.013 strings.

Never had a problem with adjusting the intonation, even when tuned to B I got it right (or better said, my luthier got it right... he warned me before that there might be problems, but it did work!).
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Mine's tuned to C with a set of 12's and I haven't noticed anything. The low C seems to go out of tune quicker than the other strings, but I riff on that thing like crazy so it's probably my fault.
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
            X