Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about buying an RX10D. Whaddya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying an RX10D. Whaddya think?

Anybody played these? Anybody own one of these? I'm thinking about picking one up very soon, as in maybe even send in the order tomorrow. What do you think of them?

Re: Thinking about buying an RX10D. Whaddya think

You should ask Jeri (guitarsjb). She has the RX10D, the RR3, the RR5 and the RR1. If there is anyone knowing the differences between the current Rhoads models, it's her.

My experiences with bolt-on Rhoadses, is that they are a bit neck heavy. Most of them also have the jack in the lower wing, which is a little annoying when you want to sit down and play (although a 90 degree tele plug is an easy fix to the problem).

If it was me, I'd rather look for a used Rhoads EX from the old Professional series - but I figure you want sharkfins on it(?).

Comment

My son has one and it's a great guitar. Plays and sounds better than I imagined it would. Jeri advised me on how to fix the weight problem. Just move the top strap button to the upper-middle of the neck plate about where it would be on an RR1. Using a leather strap helps even more after the move. Hope this helps.
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

RX10D's ROCK!! Seriously great bang for the buck. I play my RX as much as my RR3 and 5. I like it because it has no pick guard and 1 vol. Even the stock pups are OK. I dislike the the jack in the lower horn, but I play it mostly standing, and like Sunbane said find a 90 degree plug. Mine was made in India and the quality is fine, but I have heard some stories regarding MII instruments. Will you be able to play it first? (not sure what you meant about sending in your order)Like Mark said too, his son's is great. I doubt you will be disappointed. Move the top strap button.

Comment

I would avoid the India guitars. Stick with the made in Japan models, 2002 to present.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I would avoid the India guitars. Stick with the made in Japan models, 2002 to present.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yeah, you're probably right, but I've got special reasons to buy this particular model. Will post pics-and special reasons- as soon as it arrives!

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

I got my rhoads ex pro on ebay for 180 shipped. My first v and took me a few weeks to get used to it, now I cant put it down. Just needed a good setup and now its my favorite.

Comment

Yeah, the Rhoads EX is a very nice guitar. It's pretty much like a predecessor to the RX10. The one I had for a short while felt very solid - way better than my 1998 RR-X.

Comment

I even believe the Charvel Avenger is the predecessor of the Rhoads EX.. and I don't think they fetch high prices.. so maybe another alternative?

Comment

Just got mine, but I haven´t really played it much yet, it doesn´t have strings [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Great bang for the buck!! Just swap out the pups with some Seymours..........

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What did ya go with in your's Bob, and how does it sound now?
                        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great collection [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What did ya go with in your's Bob, and how does it sound now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the complaments from above....... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I went with a SH2 Jazz/neck and a TB6 Duncan Dis/bridge. The guitar sounds really "harmonic" now (if that makes since)than with the factory one's that came with it. Well worth the extra cash to put in it. And you don't have to drill a hole in the neck plate to get balance!! Just buy yourself a good 3 1/2inch leather strap to put on her.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                              X