93 DR-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 DR-5

I have a 93 DR-5 that has pickup rings and a Schaller floyd.3 of the DR5s I have had the pickups were screwed into the body.I was wondering if anybody has had one like this.This is the 4th stone finishd dinky I've had.Odd thing too the bridge pickup is a JH-2 not a dual blade.The neck is a J50-N which is normal.Guitar is original except for an added coil tap.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: 93 DR-5

I've never seen a DR-5 with pickup rings either. Sounds like someone modded it. Maybe they added an aftermarket pickups and installed rings, and then decided to take the new pickup out before selling the guitar, just throwing in the JH-2 instead of the original Jackson blade pickup?
    sigpic

Comment

It doesn't have screw holes in the pickup cavities so I figured the rings as original.A JH-2 would be right for a 93 model year pro.Just an oddball I guess.The coil tap is not original I'm sure.The coil tap splits both pickups and really gives it a nice clean tone.The stone finish DR5s sound good for some reason,maybe they didn't primer them as much as the others.I had a stone RR/pro that sounded as good.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I never knew they made a RR with a Stone finish. hmmm. I used to GAS for that Dinky Reverse with Stone Finish but I eased that over time. Still want one though.

Comment

Working...
        X