I want one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want one

I know I've brought it up before on the old JCF, but I still think it would be sooo cool of Jackson made a 7 string version of the DKMGT. Without the cumbersome 7 string headstocks on the old imported 7's.....more like the 7 string headstocks found on the custom shop ones...much more refined. I know that Jackson probably will not make them but I can dream can't I?!?? hahah

Re: I want one

I think the bottom has already dropped out of the seven-string market. A number of companies have either gotten rid of them entirely or scaled back their product lines severely.

I believe many of the nu-metal guys that were using them for awhile have moved on, leaving mostly the odd shredder here and there who wants more room to maneuver on the fretboard.

Comment

I like the fact that the 7 strings are tuned way down to B, that's how I like some of my 6 strings tuned. But I usually hav real problems setting them up tuned that low, maynbe I'm not spending enough cash on my guitars - lol.

Comment

2 of the most popular metal guys to use 7-stringers are the guy from Korn, they both use Ibanez 7`s. Jack.

Comment

Yeah, I know that Jackson wont make em...I just thought that it would be cool for someone like me if they did. I dont like the Ibanez 7s...most of them are cheap feeling but I have tried a few nice ones. I think the S series ones are way better looking than the played out RGs.

Comment

I like the RG look better, but I was a Teen in the eighties at the hight of Metal, but it does seam Ibanez is slowly moving from promoting the RG and Fins, to S series with dots, maybee they just don`t have the market for the eighties look anymore? Thank God Jackson does [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I want either an Ibanez UV Swirl, or an Ibanez UV777BK ahhh..... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Go Carvin! They make fantastic guitars (I own an SC90 and a DC400). They're relatively inexpensive and have a lot of customizable options for a USA made guitar! I think I'm actually going to soon order a DC727 or DC747, since I've been thinking of getting a 7-string for awhile now. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I havent tried one of the Carvin 7s but Im sure they are very nice. Everything else ive tried by them is good.

Comment

I would pick a Carvin over an Ibanez, I have played both and for the money, you can`t beat the Carvin [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

To tune a 6 string into B, you have to move up every string.

So the first string should be a B-string
                      2nd string a G string tuned down to F#
                      3rd string a D string
                      4th string a A string
                      5th string a low E string
                      and 6th string a thick E string (like .054) tuned down to B.

Then you don't have the problem with a loose tension, floppy strings, annoying floyd etc

Comment

why would the second string be tuned to f#? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Just because. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

depends

for certain styles like doommetal it's handy to use a normal tuning scheme (5-5-4-5-5-5).
                            It's just playing in E, but it only sounds lower [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X