Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYeh1
    replied
    Re: Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secre

Jacksonite - got pics of that blue baby? I searched but wasn't successful. How was your experience ordering and buying?

Leave a comment:

• scaristei
    replied

I have owned on - a Grover Jackson - which was like a SL2 but a bolt on! It was a great playing and sounding guitar, but......The body is sized like the "dinky" bodies (which I was told by a guy at Jackson at the '04 Namm, to be 15/16ths (what ever that means)...to me it means that the guitar's body feels "small", and toy like....I like the "full sized" body of the old Charvel's and orig. fenders (strat, tele, jaguar, jazzmaster,etc.), the orig. Warmmoth bodies....!
    Also...ck out my other posting (Grover Jackson Guitars) under "other guitars"...I am trying to find out if Grover had anything to do with these guitars or if it is simply a "glitch" in the international copyright law that allows this company to continue making and marketing these guitars.

Leave a comment:

• dd3keegs
    replied

Thanks...all I can speak is Engrish though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Wish I knew how to speak Japanese.

Leave a comment:

• Orchid
    replied

Yeah, wait like 2-3 days, they've been busy lately. You can actually call them on the phone too, though I don't know if they'll speak English, I spoke to the guy in Japanese. For like the last week or so, I've been speaking to a person named Noriko, from the Ishibashi WEB-SHOP, and they've been really helpful in helping me order a Jackson Stars KV.

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied

It's nice. Kinda thin for my tastes - I like 'em flamey and active, but it's decent without being too gaudy or too bland.

If you've seen the cover of the 1990/91 C/J catalog, it looks exactly like that - I swear they found the biggest maple tree ever and sliced it as thin as they could, cuz their production flametops haven't changed much in 15 years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• dd3keegs
    replied

Thanks NEWC...how nice is the Flame Maple Top on your NASL??? Does your pic do it justice?

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied

Wait. Sometimes it takes them a while. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• dd3keegs
    replied

I tried to email [email protected] for a price quote. But no response? Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• TheSteveMan
    replied

Sweet! Pics, my friend! Pics!

Leave a comment:

• Orchid
    replied

Well I heard back from Ishibashi, they said they have the KV-J1K, KV-J2EK, and the KV-J2K in stock. Hopefully I'll be getting it in about a week.

Leave a comment:

• Newc
    replied

Well, I heard back from Ikebe on the black NASL. Now all I gotta do is sell stuff to fund it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Norton
    replied

it's a really really good price.this guitar screams " buy me"

Leave a comment:

• RacerX
    replied

$1408 US

Leave a comment:

• Norton
    replied

The kelly one is really really good.It would be the perfect guitar for me with duncans on it.How much is 163.000?

Leave a comment:

• Orchid
    replied

Well, I think I'll be getting the KV-J2K only if they have one available. If they have it, I'll be ordering it from Ishibashi. Here's a pic. of it on the Ikebe site, it's on the right hand column:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.p...=&start_index=0

Leave a comment:

Working...
X