Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Made in Japan - Jackson Stars, best kept secre

Wait. Sometimes it takes them a while. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks NEWC...how nice is the Flame Maple Top on your NASL??? Does your pic do it justice?

Comment

It's nice. Kinda thin for my tastes - I like 'em flamey and active, but it's decent without being too gaudy or too bland.

If you've seen the cover of the 1990/91 C/J catalog, it looks exactly like that - I swear they found the biggest maple tree ever and sliced it as thin as they could, cuz their production flametops haven't changed much in 15 years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, wait like 2-3 days, they've been busy lately. You can actually call them on the phone too, though I don't know if they'll speak English, I spoke to the guy in Japanese. For like the last week or so, I've been speaking to a person named Noriko, from the Ishibashi WEB-SHOP, and they've been really helpful in helping me order a Jackson Stars KV.

Comment

Thanks...all I can speak is Engrish though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Wish I knew how to speak Japanese.

Comment

I have owned on - a Grover Jackson - which was like a SL2 but a bolt on! It was a great playing and sounding guitar, but......The body is sized like the "dinky" bodies (which I was told by a guy at Jackson at the '04 Namm, to be 15/16ths (what ever that means)...to me it means that the guitar's body feels "small", and toy like....I like the "full sized" body of the old Charvel's and orig. fenders (strat, tele, jaguar, jazzmaster,etc.), the orig. Warmmoth bodies....!
              Also...ck out my other posting (Grover Jackson Guitars) under "other guitars"...I am trying to find out if Grover had anything to do with these guitars or if it is simply a "glitch" in the international copyright law that allows this company to continue making and marketing these guitars.

Comment

Jacksonite - got pics of that blue baby? I searched but wasn't successful. How was your experience ordering and buying?

Comment

Working...
                X