DK-2 Project. Costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK-2 Project. Costs?

I'm considering buying a black DK-2 and modding it up to make it more asthetically pleasing and better playing. I want to change all the hardware out to black hardware, change the pickups out to emgs and wire them to 18 volts. Any ideas how much it will cost to get that done, and what parts I should get? My dad has built a guitar before so he could help me with it, but I don't want to do any routing or cutting away the wood at all.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Re: DK-2 Project. Costs?

Well, a DK-2 with case just sold today for $335 in EDS - a much more expensive paint job than black.

You should have a good idea on the price of hardware and pickups. I'm not sure if it fits, but an Original Floyd Rose would be a sweet upgrade for the trem.

Comment

New or used? For new it's:

DK2 ~430
      Black OFR ~175
      Black tuners, knobs maybe ~40
      EMG in H-S-S ~240?

Comment

The Upgrades will cost you almost as much as the guitar, if not more... and when finished you´ll be in used USA territory..

Look around for a used DK-1 is my advice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

True. A DK-1 would be really nice, but I can't seem to find any guitar that fits what I want beside an SL-1 or this DK-2 project I'm considering.

Comment

If you can live with a bit dinged up.... http://www.onlinestagegear.com/instock-usa/DK1-EDS/

Comment

Eh, looking for a black one... Sorry to be so subjective, but I really want a guitar I can use for either life or a very long time... I guess I should just fork over the cash for a black SL-1 or SL-2H then huh?

Comment

Working...
              X