Info on a Dinky HX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on a Dinky HX

Greeting all. I am a newbie on the forum, I just dicovered it! I am trying to find my first "perfect" USA, but for now I have a Japanese Dinky HX. I have not been able to find much info on these guitars. Are there many of them around? It is a 24 fret, string thru body guitar (which is why I bought it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). I have tried all the search engines and next to nothing comes up. I don't have the serial # handy, but it says Dinky HX on the truss rod cover and it has offset dot inlays. It really is a great axe and I find myself playing it more than my Ibanez RG570 [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]. Any info anyone has on it would be cool. Thanks in advance, oh and by the way Ron...I tried the search function and came up with *#@*. Thanks all, great forum!

Re: Info on a Dinky HX

Toejam (the JCFer with the highest post count here, not counting Ron [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) owned two of these beauties, and currently is keeping his favorite. There were something like 100 or less of these guitars made, according to Kevin Easton.

Yeah, the search function is a little testy lately... make sure you change the dates so that you maximize and broaden your search. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome to the forum! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Only one post and already knows of "Ron"... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to the forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Only about 100 made in 1994. I've got a black one I bought new around '94 or '95. I put a set of passive EMG Select pickups in it, now it's got real EMGs... an 85 and 60. I also had a red one that I put a DiMarzio Tone Zone in with a USA Jackson J50N. The red one I sold to another member here who refinished it in tie-dye.
      If yours has the original import pickups, it should have a push/pull coil tap on the tone control for splitting the pickups. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] There was also another guy on the board who found a blue one, but I can't remember who it was. Here's my black one and former red one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        oh and by the way Ron...I tried the search function and came up with *#@*.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Now that was Funny.....

Comment

It is actually a beutiful guitar. It is a deep metalic red in near mint cond. The pups have been changed (Duncan Designed bridge and a !!Lace Sensor!! neck) not sure why the sensor, but oh well. I have a set of passive emg's (exposed poles) that are going in as soon as i can stop playing it long enough to do it. I really did these pups, they sound awesome, suprisingly good for what they are. Thanks guys, the low number of these explains why its hard to find info.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Nice to have another fan of string-thru guitars on board! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I actually LOVE this guitar. It is my 1st string thru and it is awesome! When I was younger (and you know what they say about youth) I wouldn't go neer any fixed bridge axe, but after a few too many years of changing strings on a floyd... That beeing said I am looking at a few USA's and none exist in my price range without a trem.

Comment

I used to have one that was green metallic. Nice guitar, but had the weakest pickups I've ever had the sad pleasure of having (except for the SD Screamin' Demon).

Comment

Working...
                X