DK2LE......got it back finaly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2LE......got it back finaly!

I got my DK2LE back Sunday January 23rd. It's all fixed up now. I have spent the last week getting to know it better and I can finaly say it was worth the long wait. The EMG 81 is amazing! I still love my SD SH-6 Distortion, but having an active pickup gives me another option in tone. The shop did an amazing job on my ding. You can't tell it ever happened. They said if I ever had any problems with my guitar or whenever I needed a setup and a new set of strings it is free of charge. They are a great bunch of people. In short, my DK2LE is a dream come true. No....not THE best guitar I have ever played, but still a great guitar set up the way I want. I know this is a little behind the rest of your posts on the DK2LE, but keep in mind I havn't seen mine since a week or so after I got it. **Check the Tech section for a question I have on trem posts**

Sarj

Re: DK2LE......got it back finaly!

Glad you're happy with it, especially since you were the mastermind of this whole concept.

Just to refresh my memory, what were the issues you had fixed?

Comment

Congrats, Sarj!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The trem posts had burrs and would make a popping sound when I used the trem, one of the wires came loose from the volume knob. I thought it was a ground wire, but it was something else. Above all that it needed a major setup. It played like crap! When they were putting it all back together the bridge flew off and took a chunk out of the top of the body, finish and wood, about the size of a dime. The tech at the shop was so upset it took him a couple days to get up the nerve to call me. I was kinda freaked out, but I thought about it and figured "how would I like it if I were in his situation and the owner chewed my ass"? I was calm and asked him if he could get it fixed. He assured me he could. When I went to go pick it up I was amazed! It got color matched and refinished. It looks like nothing ever happened! It's setup is killer and it sounds amazing. Compared to my 2002 DK2 it's not as great as the pre Fender Jacksons have thinner necks IMO and the alder must be denser because my 02 DK2 is slightlt heavier and has better balance. Tone wise? If I put my SD SH-6 p/u, (I bought an SH-6 instead of a TB-6 because I didn't know the diference. I have had a TB-6 and compared to my SH-6 I like the sound of the SH-6 in my trem equiped guitars better). in my DK2LE and did a comparison it would give me a good way to A-B my 02 DK2 with my 04 DK2LE. As far as I'm concerned the EMG 81 would make any guitar sound better.........even a Hondo! I know I should have probably sent my guitar back to Easton Guitars, but after the wait and all it didn't make any sense to spend a bunch of money to ship it and then have to wait forever to get it back. Obviously I did have to wait, but at least I got to check in in person here and there and see the progress. The tech/owner of the shop did everything for me free of charge. He even let me take a cool practice amp home on payments (whatever I want to pay for as long as I want to pay it). He even let me take home (while my axe was getting fixed) any guitar on the rack I wanted. They treated me right and I will continue to do business there.

Sarj

Comment

Glad everything worked out. Great customer service from that store also! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah. Wish I had a store like that around here. Sounds like you're pretty cool to them though, too, so I guess you deserve to be treated well. Anyway, I'm glad you've got it working well now.

Comment

Good times! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They are a great store for sure. I would give them more props and list their name and location, but I'm not sure if thats okay here. They are also the ones who had that 1 HB Jackson Strat with the Freddy Kruger graphic on it for $300 about 4 years ago. That bad boy got snatched up quick! I was ready to buy right then and there. They sold it off of their website too so maybe somebody around here is the one who bought it. I remember it was in almost new condition.

Comment

Working...
                X