Stars RR-TN02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars RR-TN02

Thinking of possibly picking one up. Did these come with stripped ebony on the fretboard? Seen some that almost look like a hybrid between ebony and rosewood.

Disregard. I found my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Death View Post
      Thinking of possibly picking one up. Did these come with stripped ebony on the fretboard? Seen some that almost look like a hybrid between ebony and rosewood.
      If striped ebony is what it is, this is just what the Japanese call Macassar ebony, I believe (just like they call Braz. rosewood "jacaranda/?????", as the Spanish do). I've owned a Stars soloist with "striped ebony" and it feels like ebony but looks like, as you say, a mix between ebony and rosewood. I think it's super beautiful.

Did you end up picking it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. View Post

If striped ebony is what it is, this is just what the Japanese call Macassar ebony, I believe (just like they call Braz. rosewood "jacaranda/?????", as the Spanish do). I've owned a Stars soloist with "striped ebony" and it feels like ebony but looks like, as you say, a mix between ebony and rosewood. I think it's super beautiful.

Did you end up picking it up?
        Ahh! Appreciate the explanation.

I did, ordered from Japan and received today. Horn got chipped. On the fence if I should return or fix.ill try to get pictures posted tonight.

Comment

Removed.
          Last edited by Death; 08-12-2022, 08:52 PM.

Comment

cant view the photos

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
              cant view the photos
              Here you go!

Last edited by Death; 08-12-2022, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Death; 08-12-2022, 08:58 PM.

Comment

This thing is so nice. Sad to send it back.

Comment

That would be fairly easy fix. especially since you got the bit that fell off. But offcourse if you can get your money back then might aswell send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
                      That would be fairly easy fix. especially since you got the bit that fell off. But offcourse if you can get your money back then might aswell send it back.
                      I spoke to a local luthier, he could get it to about 80% corrected. Such a shame. Got a killer deal on this rr too.

Comment

Working...
                      X