Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conundrum : Should I trade my White 06' DK2M for a 93' Dinky Professional ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conundrum : Should I trade my White 06' DK2M for a 93' Dinky Professional ?

So I took my white DK2M into this local small guitar shop for a setup and checkup and I see this 93' MIJ Dinky hanging on the wall for $869 . It is also white with a white headstock and it is a HSS with a Dimarzio super distortion (white) in the bridge position . the other 2 singles say Jackson on them.It has the Schaller Trem . So I spoke with the owner and he said he would sell it to me for $800 . I asked if we could maybe work out a trade with some cash. My Jackson is in very good condition and the 93' is in good cond. for it's age. I'm tempted to just buy it for the 800 and keep mine too. But I'm older now with serious health problems that could be fatal.I have some big medical bills coming but I've always wanted a Chusin Gakki Guitar from that period. I'm Going back to the shop tomorrow .

If you like it then why not trade. I would make sure if the trem is the jt-590 version jackson or charvel stamped that the saddle screw threads are ok so you can set the intonation.

Comment

Does it look like this, except white?

https://guitarinside.com/Jackson_Dinky_Std_professional

Comment

Thanks Ed ! Priest ,it does look like that but there is no pickguard and it's white. Nothing stamped on truss cover .

Comment

ED . The Trem just said Schaller on the side and Licensed under Floyd Rose along the bottom .

Comment

Possibly this, except white? Fusions tend to not state the model name on the truss rod cover.

https://guitarinside.com/Jackson_Fus...d_professional

Take photos when you revisit the store tomorrow, and share them here.

Otherwise, visit every Dinky and Fusion on https://guitarinside.com/Category:Ja...ssional_series and try and isolate just the guitars that have HSS pickups and any kind of "white" listed in the list of finishes for each model, and also paying attention to the presence of a matching headstock. There are too many HSS Dinky and HSS Fusion models for me to list here. You didn't specify what type of inlays (sharkfins, reverse sharkfins, dots, offset dots, etc.) so it could be anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutty1998 View Post
              So I took my white DK2M into this local small guitar shop for a setup and checkup and I see this 93' MIJ Dinky hanging on the wall for $869 . It is also white with a white headstock and it is a HSS with a Dimarzio super distortion (white) in the bridge position . the other 2 singles say Jackson on them.It has the Schaller Trem . So I spoke with the owner and he said he would sell it to me for $800 . I asked if we could maybe work out a trade with some cash. My Jackson is in very good condition and the 93' is in good cond. for it's age. I'm tempted to just buy it for the 800 and keep mine too. But I'm older now with serious health problems that could be fatal.I have some big medical bills coming but I've always wanted a Chusin Gakki Guitar from that period. I'm Going back to the shop tomorrow .
              I'd trade. I had the blue one and yeah, clear pickguard and same color pickups dinky STD MIJ

Neve rmind if it didn't have a clear pickguard!!
              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-21-2022, 07:02 PM.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

By the way there were three color's red, blue and white!
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thank you guys for helping . Priest ,it has regular sharkfin inlays on a bound rosewood fretboard .No binding on body or Headstock. I'm just wondering if maybe it is a Frankenstein job . I'm not going to make a move till I post some photos on here tomorrow. Iooked through the catalogs and could not find it anywhere .https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com....atalogues/#J93

Comment

If the fretboard is bound and the headstock is not, that is highly peculiar. For virtually every Jackson guitar, the binding is usually on both or none at all, and I can't think of any models that have just one or the other. Definitely looking forward to the photos. Upload them to any free image host https://www.google.ca/search?q=free+...client=gws-wiz and paste the generated links back here.

Comment

I could be wrong about the headstock not being bound. I'll get the pics .

Comment

Originally posted by Cutty1998 View Post
                        I could be wrong about the headstock not being bound. I'll get the pics .
                        Should be interesting!

Comment

Last edited by Simon-K; 04-26-2022, 05:28 AM.

Comment

[EDIT]: Read your post again and noticed you said white headstock, so definitely not a Dinky XL.
                            sorry for the confusion....[/EDIT]

BTW, if the guitar is a 24 fretter, it might be a Dinky XL (with a replaced Schaller bridge and truss rod cover).

Here's mine for reference:

Last edited by Simon-K; 04-22-2022, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon-K View Post
                              [EDIT]: Read your post again and noticed you said white headstock, so definitely not a Dinky XL.
                              sorry for the confusion....[/EDIT]

BTW, if the guitar is a 24 fretter, it might be a Dinky XL (with a replaced Schaller bridge and truss rod cover).

Here's mine for reference:

There is no Dinky XL with a white headstock and 590's came on XL, then later went to 580's

Comment

Working...
                              X