Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conundrum : Should I trade my White 06' DK2M for a 93' Dinky Professional ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting slightly off-topic but Simon's Dinky XL is a beauty and I would cherish the heck out of that. It looks flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

There is no Dinky XL with a white headstock and 590's came on XL, then later went to 580's
      True, hence my edit.
      A bridge can obviously be replaced (if you look closely, you'll see mine is equipped with a Schaller bridge).

?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        I'm getting slightly off-topic but Simon's Dinky XL is a beauty and I would cherish the heck out of that. It looks flawless.
        Thanks, man.
        It's a great guitar. I had a few Professional series guitars over the years (including the "higher end" Pro models) and this is by far the best one I've played, it has a certain magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon-K View Post

True, hence my edit.
          A bridge can obviously be replaced (if you look closely, you'll see mine is equipped with a Schaller bridge).

?
          Only 590's have a made in GERMANY stamped on it by the bar and he said what ever guitar this is had the stamp. I know yours has a Jackson stamped 590 on it.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Only 590's have a made in GERMANY stamped on it by the bar and he said what ever guitar this is had the stamp. I know yours has a Jackson stamped 590 on it.
            The 590 that was on mine is long gone. I have a replacement Schaller, you can see it in the pic I posted.

Comment

By the way there were three color's red, blue and white!
              And Black.

OP: A picture would probably clear it up. I’m curious.
              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
              My collection also there!

Comment

I meant to have some photos up yesterday but my Guitar isn't ready and I was so busy yesterday I didnt have time to get over to the shop. I called today and it appears to be closed. It definitely has a white headstock . I only played it for like 2 minutes .The shop owner claims it's a 1993 .So looks like I'll have to wait till Monday to find out everything & post some photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
                  And Black.

OP: A picture would probably clear it up. I’m curious.
                  There was no black dinky STD of that year there was red, white and blue!
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

The 590 that was on mine is long gone. I have a replacement Schaller, you can see it in the pic I posted.
                    Listen, I've had a few Dinky LX's and a schaller is a 590! unless it's a newer model of a schaller? The one on your XL looks stock to me looks the same as the ones on my shit and there was no Dinty XL's that had a white headstock. They only have matching headstocks on a few import's and they're all standards fusion and dinkys and the fusion's are a trans-ish color. Act like you been around for awhile you own a hundred guitars, I've owned over that! I'm no Cat guy, I don't look shit up.

Comment

Listen, I've had a few Dinky LX's and a schaller is a 590! unless it's a newer model of a schaller? The one on your XL looks stock to me looks the same as the ones on my shit and there was no Dinty XL's that had a white headstock. They only have matching headstocks on a few import's and they're all standards fusion and dinkys and the fusion's are a trans-ish color. Act like you been around for awhile you own a hundred guitars, I've owned over that! I'm no Cat guy, I don't look shit up.

John, relax.
                      I wrote REPLACEMENT bridge.
                      I also never said there was a Dinky XL with a matching headstock (or white headstock).

Last edited by Simon-K; 04-23-2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

John, relax.
                        I wrote REPLACEMENT bridge.
                        I also never said there was a Dinky XL with a matching headstock (or white headstock).

[/IMG2]
                        I think what John is saying is the JT-590 and the Schaller bridge you have on your guitar are the same bridge so you replaced your 590 with basically a 590. The only differences are below.
                        1. The Jacksons say Jackson where yours says Schaller.
                        2.The newer Schaller's have steel inserts for the intonation screws. IIRC none of the ones on Jacksons do.

Comment

That is not the bridge that is on that guitar. The bridge he has on there looks exactly like a real Floyd with the fine tuners facing horizontal with hex heads . The Schaller in that photo looks exactly like the one on my DK2M but mine isn't a Schaller. I'm not sure what mine is .I know its a cheaper lower end piece but it has never given me any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutty1998 View Post
                            That is not the bridge that is on that guitar. The bridge he has on there looks exactly like a real Floyd with the fine tuners facing horizontal with hex heads . The Schaller in that photo looks exactly like the one on my DK2M but mine isn't a Schaller. I'm not sure what mine is .I know its a cheaper lower end piece but it has never given me any problems.
                            The older DK2's had 580's

All bridges have fine tuners on the top besides kahlers

If you're talk bolt sticking out the back that are longer, thats a floyd or a off brand DX something professional with HSH pickups? or just a parts guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post

I think what John is saying is the JT-590 and the Schaller bridge you have on your guitar are the same bridge so you replaced your 590 with basically a 590. The only differences are below.
                              1. The Jacksons say Jackson where yours says Schaller.
                              2.The newer Schaller's have steel inserts for the intonation screws. IIRC none of the ones on Jacksons do.
                              Maybe I misunderstood, and if so I apologize.
                              but mine definitely doesn't have a:

...I know yours has a Jackson stamped 590 on it.

Comment

You should just post pic's of your stuff, this thread is so off the rails at this point

Comment

Working...
                                X