No announcement yet.

Please help me identify this odd(?) Jackson guitar I've had lying around TIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me identify this odd(?) Jackson guitar I've had lying around TIA

I bought this for cheap used many years ago (15 maybe?) and I've never really been able to figure out what it is. I found this forum and got all excited that maybe someone here might know!

Some key distinguishing characteristics:

22 Frets
    Bolt-on neck
    Blank truss-rod cover
    Recessed 1/4 output jack on TOP of the body, kind of like a strat but with no additional hardware around it.
    "Professional" at end of standard jackson headstock

Floyd rose licensed tremelo
    All chtome hardware on a burgundy colored body w/ no pick guard. No idea if it may be dinky or soloist

Serial number on back is: 600611

From looking up the serial number, it appears to be Japanese made, perhaps in 1996

I don't really understand the term as someone not very experienced, but the headstock kogo seems to be what people call the "Toothepaste" one?

I'll try to insert a pic here (hope it works!)

https://ibb.co/ZgbnQzV

Mostly wondering if this is something of any particular interest, rare, mostly junk, etc...?
    Thanks so much again for any/all help anyone can provide!

A rarity. But not special.

1996 TH1

Comment

Ah, wow, thank you! When I goggled that i found a pic of this guitar but in much better condition on Reverb. It's listed as: "Rare Jackson StealthTH1(dk2 with a bit thinner body)MIJ by Chusin Gakki in 1996"

I guess I see what you mean about rare but not special. It's in mint condition (way better than mine), comes with a hardshell case and is listed for about $400

That's cool - I think I paid $100 for mine so at least I should be able to get my money back easy enough, thanks again so much for the help!

Comment

Any Chushin Gakki Jackson/Charvel at $100 is a steal.

"Stealth" is the body style for the TH1 model name. Similar to how "Soloist" is the body style describing the SL1.

Comment

That's what I like to hear!

I THINK I have one more much different Gakki that I got from the same guy for more like $300ish, IIRC. I'll post about that one later tonight or tomorrow since I also can't quite tell what model it is. Thank you!

Comment

Oh, I also wanted to ask: Is "Stealth" also related to the body type that has the recessed 1/4" Output jack? In all my searching of Jackson guitars, THAT particular aspect seems to be quite unusual, but again, that's coming from little experience

Comment

When I hear thin superstrat body with recessed jack, I immediately think "Stealth".

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                Any Chushin Gakki Jackson/Charvel at $100 is a steal.

"Stealth" is the body style for the TH1 model name. Similar to how "Soloist" is the body style describing the SL1.
                Exactly! That's a nice guitar and as NOTP stated at 100 bucks that's a steal!

Comment

Working...
                X