Looking for a 7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 7 string

The closest to what I want is either a DD WR7 signature in a gloss black finish, with EMG's (or other actives) and white/ivoroid binding on the neck and headstock (USA Custom shop - yikes!), or an SL7, also in gloss black. I did look at the RRX24-MG7, but I can see that getting damaged. The KVX24-MG7 just won't sit on my Hercules stand (this is a tiny room I live in). I'm wondering if I should just drop tune a 6 string to B until Jackson finally release a production model I want. Might be a loooooong time. USA's, especially CS, hold their value, so it will take me at least a few months to save up for something that could take years to build, just so the pigs at UK Customs can slap a BS ransom note on it. I hatdly ever use a Floyd, so Jackson could make a string thru version. They did it with the JS and X series 6 string versions. Dammit.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Both the SL7 and WR7 have good reviews generally but both also offer few finish options. The Rhoads and King V mentioned are x series instead of pro series. Again, no first hand experience but people do have a little more complaints about X Series stuff. Yes, I wish there was more to choose from here. You only want neck-thru right? If not there would be a few others I could mention.
    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
    My collection also there!

Comment

I\m really picky. I don't have a problem with bolt-on necks. I have a big problem with those 4+3/3/4 headstocks and equally despise non-gloss finishes. I'm always looking on eBay and Facebook. I already have a new 6 string dropped to C# coming soon, but I need a 7 string to get A# tuning.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
      X