90's Professional series MIJ question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's Professional series MIJ question

Was there a Dinky Pro model within the 1990's Japanese Professional series?
    Like the Soloist Pro Professional - with ebony fingerboard and MOP logo, but with a bolt on neck...

No, Fusion was the only bolt-on with Dinky body.
    My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
      The was a dinky model with an ebony board and just dots. I don't know the year, 90's for sure. I'm sure someone can look it up or has one.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

https://web.archive.org/web/20180831...ofessional.php

https://web.archive.org/web/20180831...apan_1986-1991

Comment

Even if there wasn't, there was.
          Meaning, some of the bolt on models with the professional logo were not as "high end" as others. So, by default, the better ones could be considered the pro.

Comment

Great info!
            I never thought of accessing this site through webarchive....it was really disappointing to see it go.
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              Even if there wasn't, there was.
              Meaning, some of the bolt on models with the professional logo were not as "high end" as others. So, by default, the better ones could be considered the pro.
              Yeah, in a way you're right....some are definitely better than others, even though they are a part of the same series.
              My '92 Dinky XL is a great guitar and I'd love to get a similar instrument with an ebony fingerboard.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

The was a dinky model with an ebony board and just dots. I don't know the year, 90's for sure. I'm sure someone can look it up or has one.
                Thanks! Hope someone can comment on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
                  Too bad...I'm not a fan of the shorter scale :\
                  (Although I had a Fusion SX in The early '90s and it was pretty cool).

Comment

I know for a fact there was a Dinky with a ebony board. I was trying to buy it off Rich, No it wasn't on par with a PRO but had a cool finish and and ebony neck. Of course most of them guys aren't on here.

Someone should be able to find it.
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

the stealth pro had ebony and dots. not exactly a dinky, tho. probably not what you're talking about.

there definitely wasn't a dinky "pro" but there was a dinky xl with rosewood, MOP fins, and silkscreen logo.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                        the stealth pro had ebony and dots. not exactly a dinky, tho. probably not what you're talking about.

there definitely wasn't a dinky "pro" but there was a dinky xl with rosewood, MOP fins, and silkscreen logo.
                        It wasn't a stealth! I've owned the stealth XL and PRO

Comment

Sorry, my mistake it was a DR-2 made in the USA.

https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...13-jackson-dr2

Comment

that's a nice burst. I should try to find me one of those.

are the jt580lp's from that era really much better than the ones they used on the mij pro series in the 2000s?

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

Thanks.
                              I have a '92 Dinky XL - nice guitar.
                              I want something similar with an ebony fingerboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X