No announcement yet.

Speaking Of JSX 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't played a JSX 94 before, but just looking at the photos on Google Images, it looks like a Stealth body with a recessed trem, and 32mm would be the default/stock block length. In fact, for most guitars after 1990, you can almost safely assume the majority of situations will have a block length of 32mm. It has practically become "the standard".

The 42mm block will be too long. A 42mm block is designed for a guitar with a non-recessed trem where the trem is purposely perched about a half-centimeter high above the body, where the saddle height above the body feels like the saddle height of a TOM bridge on a Gibson Les Paul. Some Jacksons have this, but that is the exception and the extreme minority. Your JSX 94 is not one of those guitars.

A 32mm block should not be too difficult to find.

Comment

Thanks

Number Of The Priest
      I'll take the 1 off the original Tremolo when I get the guitar back.

That's good info you posted!

Comment

Floyd Rose 1000 series blocks work. 1000 Series Tremolo Block – Floyd Rose
        It's what I'm using on my Schaller now. I originally cut mine down from 42mm to 37mm but I needed the 37 for a different guitar that had a FR Special that I wanted a block made of brass on and the 32mm I ordered was too short so I swapped them.

Comment

Thanks for the info Dak
          That is something to think about.

Thanks for the Link!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            I haven't played a JSX 94 before, but just looking at the photos on Google Images, it looks like a Stealth body with a recessed trem, and 32mm would be the default/stock block length. In fact, for most guitars after 1990, you can almost safely assume the majority of situations will have a block length of 32mm. It has practically become "the standard".

The 42mm block will be too long. A 42mm block is designed for a guitar with a non-recessed trem where the trem is purposely perched about a half-centimeter high above the body, where the saddle height above the body feels like the saddle height of a TOM bridge on a Gibson Les Paul. Some Jacksons have this, but that is the exception and the extreme minority. Your JSX 94 is not one of those guitars.

A 32mm block should not be too difficult to find.

I don't think they look like a stealth . Stealth's are very thin in area's (not just the top) hence the name STEALTH

I certainly don't think a 42 mil would work the block would be stick out the back. You can buy all kinds of bridges that will work for little to nothing. While people are posting stuff for big money they are not actually selling (been watching a lot of J/C auctions with high starting bids) the JT-500 bridge is a good enough bridge if you don't treat it like a gorilla would.

I would not put a FRT-1000 on it.

Stealth XL

Stealth XL.jpg

JSX-94 (not my pic) notice the non branded bridge!

jsx94.jpg

and the exception to a lot of rules

20210417_135102_HDR[1].jpg
            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 10-12-2021, 09:06 AM.
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

I certainly don't think a 42 mil would work the block would be stick out the back. You can buy all kinds of bridges that will work for little to nothing. While people are posting stuff for big money they are not actually selling (been watching a lot of J/C auctions with high starting bids) the JT-500 bridge is a good enough bridge if you don't treat it like a gorilla would.
              I think he already bought the Schaller and just needs a shorter block at this point. I would agree that if the knife edges on the JT500 were still good it would've probably been fine. Just keep the JT500. If he sells the guitar he could always put the JT500 back on it and keep the Schaller.

I would not put a FRT-1000 on it.
              Me neither if it came with a JT500, but FRT-1000 parts work good as affordable replacements for things like saddles and blocks.

Comment

john.w.lawson

@Dak

You guys are right on !!

Yes, the guitar has the JT500.
                Yes, I got a new Schaller that " Looks " like the 500 that will take the Old 500 place.
                Yes, I have a JT580LP in need of a few saddles.

.............. ............... ...... ................ ..... ............ ....

The 500 that was on will be set aside for another day for Rehab. Eventually replacing everything but the Base, I guess.

I decided that, some of the OT I have been doing,
                why not get a complete New Tremolo System since it " Looks " just like the 500..?.. When I saw the Block, I couldn't remember what size the 500 has, but thought the 42mm looked a bit bigger, but I couldn't remember if the Route was bigger or not.
                The Block is noticeably bigger than the other Jacksons, and Ibanez.

Comment

should have just bought this ! China stuff yes, so is jackson stuff

https://www.amazon.com/XtremeAmazing...071586&sr=8-47
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

should have just bought this ! China stuff yes, so is jackson stuff

https://www.amazon.com/XtremeAmazing...071586&sr=8-47
                    Hmmm ....

Donor Parts..?..

WTH $20something and if it works, OK
                    If not, its no loss.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post

Hmmm ....

Donor Parts..?..

WTH $20something and if it works, OK
                      If not, its no loss.

should work fine might put your locking blocks in it, probably won't need to.

It's fine to spend big money on stuff but why if you don't need to?

Comment

I need a lock nut.
                        IDK the neck Radius
                        9" or 10".
                        9 is calling for R3
                        10 is R4.

Which do I need??
                        Thank You for any education!!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
                          I need a lock nut.
                          IDK the neck Radius
                          9" or 10".
                          9 is calling for R3
                          10 is R4.

Which do I need??
                          Thank You for any education!!
                          It's an R3 but buy a used Jackson nut. A new floyd nut will be too tall. You can also look for Charvel nuts 275-375

Comment

It's an R3 but buy a used Jackson nut. A new floyd nut will be too tall. You can also look for Charvel nuts 275-375
                            Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X