No announcement yet.

2021 Concept Series - Exclusive series made for Peach Guitars UK vendor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackson might as well make these standard. Seems to be that when it comes to features/price/quality, the Korean models are the sweet-spot now, sort of. I just wish they stopped putting stupid Floyds into nearly everything they make.

But yeah, these price jumps are unreal. The X and Pro Series have also gone up $100, which is way beyond the alleged inflation rate. The US-made ones of course have gone from being something aspirational to being nearly impossible. A mystery to me why FMIC insists on staying in California. But I guess these corporate geniuses know exactly what they are doing...

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
      A mystery to me why FMIC insists on staying in California. But I guess these corporate geniuses know exactly what they are doing...
      The suits don't want to move away. It would cause trouble with the missus.

Comment

Interesting new ‘tier’ or whatever they are doing now. I’ll be documenting these on the database soon… As usual likely won’t get a chance to touch one in person. It’s always JS, X and maybe a Pro series ‘round my parts.
        Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
        My collection also there!

Comment

Warning Minor sperging: Oh and the SL24MG bothers me a bit. Since when is a Soloist not 24 frets by default? That should just be for Rhoads models. Notice they don’t bother for the Soloist archtop… The KV doesn’t really need it either but at least in their defense there are 22 fret King Vs. Last the neck finish fade thing is kinda ugly. Overall their just neck thru guitars with emgs stuffed in them and one finish option. Didn’t Jackson Stars do this with the ‘Black Blood’ 90s collection?

Comment

I like the fade. It's kinda necessary since the finish goes from gloss to satin. On the current satin necks people have been bitching about the the extra bit of clear coat not understanding that it's there to keep the paint from chipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
              Warning Minor sperging: Oh and the SL24MG bothers me a bit. Since when is a Soloist not 24 frets by default? That should just be for Rhoads models. Notice they don’t bother for the Soloist archtop… The KV doesn’t really need it either but at least in their defense there are 22 fret King Vs. Last the neck finish fade thing is kinda ugly. Overall their just neck thru guitars with emgs stuffed in them and one finish option. Didn’t Jackson Stars do this with the ‘Black Blood’ 90s collection?
              To be fair, the early Japanese stuffs were pretty wild compared to what was sold internationally and even on the production USA line at a time. They went all out on the original Jackson Star lineup before having to scale back to just a handful of models by 2004 (probably because nothing was selling and it was too expensive making that many different models).

The main appeal for these is probably the MIK

Comment

Mechayoshi, 22-fret Soloists are not the default but they do exist. I agree seeing the 24 suffix on a Soloist is odd and might be the first time I've seen an "SL24". Here are some 22-fret Soloists... the SL4, SLATQH, SLATQM, and SLATQ90:

I find the fade a little less abrupt than the hard boundary seen on the recent Indonesian neckthru Jacksons such as this SL3, which looks like the guitar was held by its neck and dipped into a vat of paint, followed by being immersed a half-inch further into a pool of clearcoat to form the extra boundary of clearcoat to keep the paint from chipping as wrldeatr7 mentioned:

Comment

I forgot that two of the recent Jackson Wildcard Series Soloists also have the five piece neck and finish fade effect on the back of the neck.

LIMITED EDITION WILDCARD SERIES SOLOIST™ SL2P, POPLAR BURL TOP, EBONY FINGERBOARD, TRANSPARENT BLACK BURST
                  https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...l2p/2915353557

LIMITED EDITION WILDCARD SERIES SOLOIST™ SL2FM, EBONY FINGERBOARD, TRANSPARENT BLACK BURST
                  https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...2fm/2913333516

Comment

Oh, I jumped the gun slightly with my earlier thoughts on these. They are a little more than I gave credit now that I've more thoroughly examined the specifications.

Yes Crumbling I do agree that the MIK is some of the appeal here. And its for the UK anyway. I did not notice that when I made that comment. That means this really isn't trying to eat away from MJ series stuff or any other 'premium' import.

???????Oh and Number Of The Priest I know there are 22 fret Soloists! That's not what I was saying, just emphasizing how out of place it was.

Regarding the necks, I personally don't mind the painted neck, at least not on my '92 Soloist. I do agree however that if you wanted a satin neck feel the way they've implemented it is more graceful than the way the Indonesian Pro Series stuff do it.

I still do see a few quirks though. The SL24 has the bottom heel adjustment only. Why? The SLAT is kinda neat, even it I don't like AT-1 headstocks and piranha inlays. Everything else is cookie cutter though.

Comment

Nice guitars here!!

Comment

I like the SLAT7 HT in gloss black....but 2300$.....wow that's high

Comment

Musiciansfriend is now selling them in the US. Price $1800-1900, like the Wilcards.

Comment

Working...
                          X