2021 Concept Series - Exclusive series made for Peach Guitars UK vendor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Concept Series - Exclusive series made for Peach Guitars UK vendor

Saw a Facebook post about these Korean-made Concept Series guitars for the UK vendor Peach Guitars https://www.peachguitars.com/jackson...d9MYNbHOd7njaI

Jackson Concept Series King V KV24MG Gloss Black

Jackson Concept Series Rhoads RR24MG Gloss Black

Jackson Concept Series Soloist SL24MG Gloss Black

Jackson Concept Series Soloist SLAT7 HT Gloss Black

The "Concept" name hasn't been used since the 1990s. These new 2021 Concepts bear zero resemblance to those. it would have been just as easy to devise a new name, but that's me being nitpicky.

I don't recall seeing the neck finish fade effect and the 5-piece neck on a Jackson before. One other guitar that comes to mind with those two features is the Ibanez RGT320Q.

Saw them on Reverb. Prices aren't great though, they cost nearly as much as the Wildcard, but the spec seems to be in line with the cheaper Pro Series Korean models (i.e. Dinky Modern)

Comment

What's the concept? How cheap fender can make Jackson's, the binding looks like plastic too

If it doesn't have this on it, I'm not interested.

20210821_220103~2[1].jpg
      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 08-21-2021, 11:10 PM.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
        Saw them on Reverb. Prices aren't great though, they cost nearly as much as the Wildcard, but the spec seems to be in line with the cheaper Pro Series Korean models (i.e. Dinky Modern)
        They also got OFR. So the only difference between this and USA is lack of real MOP inlays. If Jackson didn't overall go up across the board this would be a good price, but look

USA is $4000 now
        Japan : $2800
        Korean: $2000
        Indo Pro : $899-1199

But u can blame the other rabid fanboys for saying the prices are justified and get off at it always going up. Every one in the FB groups are ecstatic the higher price goes up. I'm like why? I'm a fanboy but also a realist.

Comment

The price are justified, but its not a good thing. There's no USA production line anymore, the Custom Select are made by the "production" line as opposed to the Masterbuilts, and they're still ridiculous because Jackson don't have the man power to keep up with order, even if you were willing to pay that price there's a high chance there won't be a slot for you at all. People jerk off at the high price because it drives the exclusivity of it up. Its distasteful, but honestly so is the Jackson community on Facebook, especially the USA page.

Anyway, Fender seems content with keeping it this way instead of pumping more man power and reintroducing a USA production line. Its basically just copying the ESP pricing model. MJ are like E-II, lower end premium, same price bracket as well. The Custom Select are like the lower end 500k-ish custom shop ESP, and the Masterbuilt are the top of the line one offs ESP.

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post

They also got OFR. So the only difference between this and USA is lack of real MOP inlays. If Jackson didn't overall go up across the board this would be a good price, but look

USA is $4000 now
            Japan : $2800
            Korean: $2000
            Indo Pro : $899-1199

But u can blame the other rabid fanboys for saying the prices are justified and get off at it always going up. Every one in the FB groups are ecstatic the higher price goes up. I'm like why? I'm a fanboy but also a realist.
            I don't count hardware or pickups. They look like X series fretboards to me. How do you know its not an FRT-1000?
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

I don't count hardware or pickups. They look like X series fretboards to me. How do you know its not an FRT-1000?
              Hmm the reverb page says its Floyd Rose Original? And I thought X fretboards were all rosewood, these are Ebony. Well ebony in bright lighting is gonna look brown though.

But if not for hardware then its craftsmanship. Of all the Korean guitars I've tried I've always been very impressed. Still pretty expensive to plop down $2000 bucks tho

Comment

Well I'll agree with you on early korean stuff being better than indo or china stuff. you sure thats ebony? it very light, my rosewood players are darker in the sunlight! I'm not paying 2 grand for anything that doesn't say USA and it has to be PRE- Fender

20210824_100443_HDR[1].jpg

Attached Files

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/42778127-jac...mg-gloss-black Specs are here
                  5 pc maple wenge with Ebony fretboard

Will you pay $4000 for USA new? I mean new select USA without any special paintjobs are a fortune. Only thing right now is watching and getting lucky on the used market for usa
                  Last edited by DanzoStrife; 08-24-2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
                    The price are justified, but its not a good thing. There's no USA production line anymore, the Custom Select are made by the "production" line as opposed to the Masterbuilts, and they're still ridiculous because Jackson don't have the man power to keep up with order, even if you were willing to pay that price there's a high chance there won't be a slot for you at all. People jerk off at the high price because it drives the exclusivity of it up. Its distasteful, but honestly so is the Jackson community on Facebook, especially the USA page.

Anyway, Fender seems content with keeping it this way instead of pumping more man power and reintroducing a USA production line. Its basically just copying the ESP pricing model. MJ are like E-II, lower end premium, same price bracket as well. The Custom Select are like the lower end 500k-ish custom shop ESP, and the Masterbuilt are the top of the line one offs ESP.
                    I can't stand the culture of "Exclusivity" I mean if I end up being rich I'd be happier if some other person could buy the same shit too. People need to get off their high horse. This is the same reason people buy $1000 phones. That much for a phone isn't bad on its own but the thinking you're above someone else is bad.

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/42778127-jac...mg-gloss-black Specs are here
                      5 pc maple wenge with Ebony fretboard

Will you pay $4000 for USA new? I mean new select USA without any special paintjobs are a fortune. Only thing right now is watching and getting lucky on the used market for usa
                      Maybe you can't read or my grammar's for shit IDK. I said pre-fender which means used , it was just a reference anyway. I already have enough USA Jackson's.

Comment

Maybe you can't read or my grammar's for shit IDK. I said pre-fender which means used , it was just a reference anyway. I already have enough USA Jackson's.
                        Chill bro. I know what you said, it was a rhetorical question :P

Comment

Chill bro. I know what you said, it was a rhetorical question :P
                          I'm very chill bro, again it must be my grammar. People often misconceive what I'm saying as aggressive and it's not, you can really tell if I'm making a joke or being what's the word, oh douche or asshat. It's funny never been called that by a man/boy, just women I've dumped.
                          I'm totally chillin' in 100 degree's right now.

Comment

I'm very chill bro, again it must be my grammar. People often misconceive what I'm saying as aggressive and it's not, you can really tell if I'm making a joke or being what's the word, oh douche or asshat. It's funny never been called that by a man/boy, just women I've dumped.
                            I'm totally chillin' in 100 degree's right now.
                            Lol now you're being funny XD but to be honest? it's very hard to convey sarcasm and much humor online. Anyways I've never been able to compare a USA Jackson pre fender to post fender. Do you know what the differences are?

Comment

Lol now you're being funny XD but to be honest? it's very hard to convey sarcasm and much humor online. Anyways I've never been able to compare a USA Jackson pre fender to post fender. Do you know what the differences are?
                              I had a soloist (Fender USA SL2H) little to no neck angle, pre does. Anyway bridge was totally down in the pocket, neck was straight, nut was the right height,, still couldn't get to the right action

Snakeskin USA dinky was a little better, still felt flat though.
                              I would have never gotten rid of this if it felt right, love snakes bro

101_1052[1].jpg

SL2H, trans body and headstock select series

SL2H.jpg
                              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 08-25-2021, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X