Can someone identify this Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone identify this Jackson?

Could someone identify this Jackson please? I think it is a Jackson soloist, I’m just not sure of the exact model. SL2 maybe? I’m on my phone right now and it won’t let me upload photos, but I have a Facebook link that shows the photos

2017 sl2m

Comment

We see the same pictures you do. If you can't identify it based on those pictures, how can we. There's no neck images for us to look at to see if it is a neck thru or bolt on.

Also - the ad says it was never played. So why do the strings look 'rusty'.
      And that case looks like there was more than 'unboxed and put away' done to it.

Comment

$300 is a good price for a 2017 Indonesian Jackson SL2M with matching case.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          We see the same pictures you do. If you can't identify it based on those pictures, how can we. There's no neck images for us to look at to see if it is a neck thru or bolt on.

Also - the ad says it was never played. So why do the strings look 'rusty'.
          And that case looks like there was more than 'unboxed and put away' done to it.
          Yeah no shit, I’m not that knowledgeable on what to actually look for to identify it hence why I’m posting the ad on here on the off chance that someone with actual knowledge about Jackson’s could. I also don’t know where you see rust at? It’s literally brand new. Plastics still on it

Comment

I have two of these (2019 models, a red and a magenta), both play and sound great.
            Grab it, case alone is $189 new from Sweetwater

Comment

Originally posted by austineatsfood View Post

I also don’t know where you see rust at? It’s literally brand new. Plastics still on it

Picture #3.
              Am I the only one that sees the crud on the strings. There is also some crud on the frets.

Comment

Picture #3.
                Am I the only one that sees the crud on the strings. There is also some crud on the frets.

"Most" people on here know how to clean a board/ frets and change their string's.
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Picture #3.
                  The would be the reflection of light my guy. It’s brand spanking new, never even been played before

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                    I have two of these (2019 models, a red and a magenta), both play and sound great.
                    Grab it, case alone is $189 new from Sweetwater
                    Yeah I got it a couple days ago. Bought it immediately before someone else realized how much of a steal this is lol. I think you’re right on the model. I guess they only made the white model in 2017? I’m gonna post more pictures once I’m able to and hopefully be able to assure the identification

Comment

The would be the reflection of light my guy. It’s brand spanking new, never even been played before
                      Darlene Rose Fontenot may have said it was never played. But how can you trust her. I see dirty strings.

You think plastic on a guitar makes it new... let me introduce you to my 30+ year old guitar with the price tag still on it. Like, for real, what kind of idiot puts a price tag sticker on a guitar. In my stores we use 'hang tags' that are tied on with a string.
                      And my other guitars - plastic gets taken off of the pickups for sound. But the other plastics are left on. Ten years old, back plates still covered. Pickguards still covered. Not a big deal.

Comment

Darlene Rose Fontenot may have said it was never played. But how can you trust her. I see dirty strings.

You think plastic on a guitar makes it new... let me introduce you to my 30+ year old guitar with the price tag still on it. Like, for real, what kind of idiot puts a price tag sticker on a guitar. In my stores we use 'hang tags' that are tied on with a string.
                        And my other guitars - plastic gets taken off of the pickups for sound. But the other plastics are left on. Ten years old, back plates still covered. Pickguards still covered. Not a big deal.
                        Somebody didn't find the golden ticket to tour Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Yeah I got it a couple days ago. Bought it immediately before someone else realized how much of a steal this is lol. I think you’re right on the model. I guess they only made the white model in 2017? I’m gonna post more pictures once I’m able to and hopefully be able to assure the identification
                          I can't see it but if it looks like the pic it's a 2017 SL2M (not mine)

Jackson Sl2M.jpg

Comment

Dude you're an idiot lmao. When did I say that there was a price tag on it? If there was a price tag on it I dont think she would've sold it for $300 cause this thing retails for about 1000. So you're saying this random lady that has no idea about guitars thats trying to get rid of her ex's guitar collection went through the trouble of reapplying plastics to the pickups and then restringing a floyd rose? It is brand new, I can assure you that. The strings werent even broken in yet. Never been played before.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

I can't see it but if it looks like the pic it's a 2017 SL2M (not mine)

Jackson Sl2M.jpg

Yep, thats the one right there. Neck through, all white with grey floyd rose. I found an old ad for it and it looks like retailed for $1000. Got pretty lucky finding this thing. It looks like they only made the white model in 2017. The only colors they have now are magenta and red

Comment

Working...
                              X