Replacing JT580LP and JT500LP bridges on Kelly Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing JT580LP and JT500LP bridges on Kelly Stars

Hello, can anybody please tell me the best floating bridges to easily replace a JT500LP (on a 2001 KSXT) and a JT580LP (on a 2000 KS2)?
    Quality-wise, I need something between an original FR and a 15$ AliExpress clone.
    Thanks

I have never heard of JT-500 _LP_. LP means Low Profile. JT-500 was cheap copy of Made in germany Schaller JT-590. Are you sure that it is not also a JT-580 LP ? There were at least two different versions of it, one was made in Japan and the other was made in Korea. Usually it can be replaced by Korean made 1000 series Floyd Rose or Schaller Lockmeister. Gotoh GE 1996 may fit too, depends on the size and shape of the routing.
    Last edited by Zedder; 07-25-2021, 02:50 PM.
    My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Yes, it says JT500LP in the 2001 Jackson catalogue for my KSXT. Is it a typo? However, thank you for sharing your knowledge, what would you suggest me?

Comment

It does say that in the catalog. But it is the only with with that listing...

pics would be helpful.

Comment

If it is JT-500 you need this:

https://schaller.info/en/tremolos/359/schaller-tremolo

If it is JT-580LP you need Schaller Lockmeister or Gotoh:

https://schaller.info/en/tremolos/36...meister-6?c=51

https://g-gotoh.com/product/ge1996t/?lang=en
          My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Thank you very much for the answers. Wow, they all cost like the whole guitar.....not sure this is going to be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by alessandroarzilli View Post
              Thank you very much for the answers. Wow, they all cost like the whole guitar.....not sure this is going to be a good idea.
              Keep an eye on thestratosphere ebay store. They have the best prices on Schaller but all they have is gold right now. NEW Schaller Floyd Rose Locking TREMOLO + ARM Guitar Parts Gold SB-0290-002 | eBay
              I bought one a year or so ago from them. It was the current version with the steel inserts for the intonation screws. They have the Gotoh as well. NEW Gotoh GE1996T Locking TREMOLO for Floyd Rose Style R2 Chrome SB-5300-010 | eBay

Comment

Thank you very much. I must be honest, at that price range, I think I'll keep on looking for used JT500LP and JT580LP bridges. However, since I've got plenty of MIJ 2000's jacksons, the information you guys gave me are like gold, since the day I''ll be upgrading the vibrato bridges of my guitars will come.

Comment

I just watched one of your Youtube videos where you showed your KSXT. I swear the bridge on that is a JT580, not a JT500LP. I am unsure a JT500LP even exists; where did you find that information?.

And if your JT580 has the same dimensions as the JT580LP (just measure both, since you have both available to you), then an Original Floyd Rose will fit, because an Original Floyd Rose will fit in the JT580LP route as seen in the image below. Resource: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ct.htm#jt580lp

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 07-31-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Oooohhhthank you for te precious information, my friend! I really didn't know about that page on the Audiozone DK site. Thank you very much again
                    I think I got it, now, the main difference is that the JT-580LP has the locking screws not sticking out of the back, compared to the non LP type.
                    Last edited by alessandroarzilli; 08-28-2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X