Dk2qmht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2qmht

I picked up a 2016 tobacco quilt a few months back. It was NOS and still had the hang tag, but I got it for $500 shipped. I have a couple things to share about this made in MX guitar. When I got it there was no fret sprout, all frets appeared to be well dressed, but were dull as the guitar has been sitting around for close to 5 years. The neck was totally straight, no twist, backbow or issues. The nut was cut terribly and was replaced immediately. Also, the locking stock tuners were terrible at holding tune. I have a theory on this one. These are the Jackson locking tuners that have the two bumps in the back versus a screw. For some reason I dont think they are as stable as tuners with a screw or like the hipshots I replaced them with, a metal bracket. It holds tune now no problem. I am very happy with the purchase for $500. I believe these were sold for a bit more, the tag had $1049 on it. I would not have paid that price for the guitar. With tuners and nut and a setup I have about $620 in it. Worth that amount definitely. I am off to sell the stock tuners for $30 today, so really $590 total in it. It plays well and considering it has SD's in it to start with, definitely a good first or intermediate guitar.

Sorry folks the DK2QHT, not the maple board. Derp.
    Last edited by Ripley7t; 07-15-2021, 12:13 PM.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are
Working...
X