1990/91 Fusion Pro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CamPocketRocker View Post

If there’s an auction, I’ll check in. I’m not that worried about it.
    I've seen someone on ebay or amazon that sell jackson stamped like the old plates that puts number on the plate that you ask for

here you go

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31313603789...UAAOSwg4Ze~~7r

or there are all kinds real plates. and prices, which you wouldn't know your real number or even if the body and neck match. i'd go with whats cheapest.
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 06-02-2021, 06:51 PM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Any chance OP that your Fusion Pro is the one that was on Goodwill's website a couple of weeks ago?

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/121793881

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
        Any chance OP that your Fusion Pro is the one that was on Goodwill's website a couple of weeks ago?

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/121793881
        Yup, that’s the one!

Comment

Originally posted by CamPocketRocker View Post

Yup, that’s the one!
          Sweet! Glad to see a forum member get it. I was watching it but didn't jump in. Can't wait to see the finished product. If I were you I'd be trying to find a Jackson logo'd Schaller for it. That's what my USA Fusion that I used to own had in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

Sweet! Glad to see a forum member get it. I was watching it but didn't jump in. Can't wait to see the finished product. If I were you I'd be trying to find a Jackson logo'd Schaller for it. That's what my USA Fusion that I used to own had in it.

Wow! That paint job is amazing! The demon cloud is beyond awesome!

Comment

I once had a JE1500 in my 1991 Warrior Pro. Really noisy, hated it.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I was watching this auction on shopgoodwill also but held off partially because of the lack of neck plate. I’m just picky like that. Seems like a cool project but it makes you wonder why somebody just gave up and handed it over to goodwill.
                Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                My collection also there!

Comment

I check Goodwill pretty regular. Every day or two usually but somehow I missed this one. Nice to know someone can actually get the nice stuff from there. I've become suspicious they are pulling the old Ebay trick of having a buddy bid to run the price up. There's been a few times I've seen the same guitar for sale like three times. Like there was a Jackson with a broken headstock but a nice quilted top but a little beat up. It'd pop up bids would run up to about $350 auction would close then it'd pop up again about a week later. Rinse repeat. I know I saw it three maybe four times. Anyway good luck on the build. I know I really like my Fusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
                    I was watching this auction on shopgoodwill also but held off partially because of the lack of neck plate. I’m just picky like that. Seems like a cool project but it makes you wonder why somebody just gave up and handed it over to goodwill.
                    Originally posted by Dak View Post
                    I check Goodwill pretty regular. Every day or two usually but somehow I missed this one. Nice to know someone can actually get the nice stuff from there. I've become suspicious they are pulling the old Ebay trick of having a buddy bid to run the price up. There's been a few times I've seen the same guitar for sale like three times. Like there was a Jackson with a broken headstock but a nice quilted top but a little beat up. It'd pop up bids would run up to about $350 auction would close then it'd pop up again about a week later. Rinse repeat. I know I saw it three maybe four times. Anyway good luck on the build. I know I really like my Fusions.
                    I constantly check Goodwill. My Model 4 and 3DR came from Goodwill. Every now and then you'll see a non-paying bidder relist but for the most part once they sell they're gone. Like Mechayoshi I just can't fathom someone taking something worth some decent money and just handing it to Goodwill for nothing to dispose of. It's like giving money away. If that Fusion would have stayed around 400 bucks I would have been a player. The lack of a neck plate did kind of ruin it for me too. That and knowing there was a good amount left to invest in resurrecting it made the final bid too rich for my blood.

It did look like it was in pretty good shape. I like it when they look filthy nasty and need a few parts. It generally keeps the bidding down to what I consider a more reasonable level.

Comment

I scored a minty USA JJ bass from goodwill a few years back

Comment

I bought few months ago two Jackson Professional Pro Fusions. Actually, one was a Chushin Gakki mutt with Charvel Fusion Deluxe body and Jackson Professional Pro neck.. I already had a mutt with Charvel neck and Jackson body.. Someone thought H-S body looks cool with an ebony fretboard and MOP equipped neck.

So, now I have three Fusions.I like and play them very much. Shorter scale feels very nice at the moment and my recently acquired SL2H has been hanging on its stand. But I want those Fusions sound and look little bit different, The one I bought about one year earlier has EMG81 and EMG SA (no middle pickup, just empty plastic cover). Other one has SD JB and SD JB Jr. neck version (also dummy middle pickup, because I don´t use them) .

Last one (with H-S Charvel Deluxe body) is still little bit unfinished.. I have already bought a JB for bridge position. I think I´m gonna buy a rail type single coil sized humbucker for neck position. I think it would look nice. Now it has Jackson J-100 which sounds really weak.

Charvel Fusion Deluxe had originally installed Jackson J-200R pickup, I think. How does it sound compared to SD Hot Rail SHR1N or DiMarzio Cruiser? Are there other hot rail type single coil sized humbuckers which should be considered?
                        My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
                          I bought few months ago two Jackson Professional Pro Fusions. Actually, one was a Chushin Gakki mutt with Charvel Fusion Deluxe body and Jackson Professional Pro neck.. I already had a mutt with Charvel neck and Jackson body.. Someone thought H-S body looks cool with an ebony fretboard and MOP equipped neck.

So, now I have three Fusions.I like and play them very much. Shorter scale feels very nice at the moment and my recently acquired SL2H has been hanging on its stand. But I want those Fusions sound and look little bit different, The one I bought about one year earlier has EMG81 and EMG SA (no middle pickup, just empty plastic cover). Other one has SD JB and SD JB Jr. neck version (also dummy middle pickup, because I don´t use them) .

Last one (with H-S Charvel Deluxe body) is still little bit unfinished.. I have already bought a JB for bridge position. I think I´m gonna buy a rail type single coil sized humbucker for neck position. I think it would look nice. Now it has Jackson J-100 which sounds really weak.

Charvel Fusion Deluxe had originally installed Jackson J-200R pickup, I think. How does it sound compared to SD Hot Rail SHR1N or DiMarzio Cruiser? Are there other hot rail type single coil sized humbuckers which should be considered?
                          The charvel custom had J?C rails on it that sounded pretty good. Prices on all things vintage are more than name brand rails like the little screamin' demon or something else in the same output range
                          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                          X