New vs old Jackson pro series dinky dk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New vs old Jackson pro series dinky dk2

Hello,I’m looking at a 2019 Jackson pro series dk2 with the 3 bolt on neck,the new ones have a 4 bolt neck,anyone having problems with the 3, is it worth the couple hundred more for the new model any other changes than the neck. thanks

Are the new models you refer to the MIJ Line or the Mexican models?
    My only experience with 3 bolts are on my 2/3 scale Jackson Minion.
    The neck makes a creaking noise when I apply a little pressure with no strings on.
    Oddly, the bolts are tight and I'm certain it doesn't affect tuning.

All that said, I've personally never heard of any issues with the 3 bolt Jacksons.
    Keep in mind, this Minion is a $200 Chinese made model of which I actually really like.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

there made in Mexico I was looking at a 2015,2019,then the 2020.
      Last edited by Plumermike; 05-24-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Aside from the bolts, it doesn't seem any important hardware/spec changes have occurred between '15 - present.
        Aside from finishes and possibly pickups.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          Are the new models you refer to the MIJ Line or the Mexican models?
          My only experience with 3 bolts are on my 2/3 scale Jackson Minion.
          The neck makes a creaking noise when I apply a little pressure with no strings on.
          Oddly, the bolts are tight and I'm certain it doesn't affect tuning.

All that said, I've personally never heard of any issues with the 3 bolt Jacksons.
          Keep in mind, this Minion is a $200 Chinese made model of which I actually really like.
          yeah, thebizs likes them too, the minion's and he's had some killer usa shit
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumermike View Post
            there made in Mexico I was looking at a 2015,2019,then the 2020.
            I'm going to get a MIM SD with ebony and floyd soon. Fender MIM's are great strats so I figure they should be nice compared to their jackson stuff.
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
            X