JTX Std Pro bridge parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTX Std Pro bridge parts

I just picked up a JTX Std Professional. One of the locking blocks is missing from the trem. I'm talking about the small metal block that sits between the string end and the lock screw and clamps the string against the front face of the packet. Any good ideas for replacing it? It seems like an easy to loose part. I also am also looking for a trem bar.

Also, are there any mods that allow using a ball end string? I'm thinking maybe a smaller block to make room for the ball under or behind it.

The bridge is a Floyd Rose JT580LP. Thanks so much!

Sweetwater and Guitar Center carry Floyd Rose
    Locking Blocks. They come in packs of 6.
    You can get regular replacements or Titanium.
    All Parts also has them.

Futone has them in Brass as well. And different colors

Sorry I don't know how to link.

Comment

Originally posted by TJG View Post
      I just picked up a JTX Std Professional. One of the locking blocks is missing from the trem. I'm talking about the small metal block that sits between the string end and the lock screw and clamps the string against the front face of the packet. Any good ideas for replacing it? It seems like an easy to loose part. I also am also looking for a trem bar.

Also, are there any mods that allow using a ball end string? I'm thinking maybe a smaller block to make room for the ball under or behind it.

The bridge is a Floyd Rose JT580LP. Thanks so much!
      Stewmac

https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-ha...kaAvnOEALw_wcB

Ebay and no you can't use them balls in lol
      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-05-2021, 02:17 AM.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Are the different block sets all compatible, or are they model specific?

Also: this guitar does not have the tree above the locking nut. There are not even holes, so it looks like it never had one. Is the tree necessary?

Also2: do locking tuners work as well as the locking nut? Recommendations? Might not be worth it for this (lower end) guitar, but it would make tuning easier.

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
        Ebay and no you can't use them balls in lol
        Okay! Balls out, got it!

Cheers!

Comment

Locking nuts do get worn (the nut by the headstock). you can check this by taking the blocks off and checking for deep groves.

Yes they will work in your trem.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

+1 on forgetting about leaving the balls on. you don't want to be clamping around the wraps, that's a recipe for your tuning being unstable

Comment

Also: this guitar does not have the tree above the locking nut. There are not even holes, so it looks like it never had one. Is the tree necessary?
              for a tiltback headstock like yours it's not necessary.

Also2: do locking tuners work as well as the locking nut? Recommendations? Might not be worth it for this (lower end) guitar, but it would make tuning easier.
              are you talking about replacing the locking nut with a regular nut and locking tuners, or leaving the existing nut base on and just not clamping it? neither is ideal because of the friction of the slant tilt-back headstock. the former would be slightly better, but still not good. IMO the non-locking nut with a floating bridge really only gives you good tuning stability if you have an inline headstock with a fairly low break angle of the strings over the nut, and you keep the nut well lubricated. or you have a roller nut. and even then the tuning can be finnicky depending on your strings, how clean the nut it, etc. the locking nut really is the "magic bullet" as far as tuning solutions go and I generally would not recommend omitting it.
              Last edited by metalhobo; 05-05-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X