Jackson Randy Rhoads RR3 Crimson Swirl - Clean, repair and full setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Randy Rhoads RR3 Crimson Swirl - Clean, repair and full setup

Hello pointy guitars clan! I finally published my video where I clean, polish, repair and full setup my Jackson Randy Rhoads RR3 Crimson Swirl made in Japan! This thing SCREAMS metal!
    https://youtu.be/_YlpdEnEnXI

YEOWZA!!

I'm jealous!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
    She's a Beauty!!
    Last edited by JJ119; 04-14-2021, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the RR3! And it's one with neck and headstock binding, which is very rare because binding is not standard for an RR3. Some of us theorize they left the factory that way: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...ike-my-old-one

Comment

Thank you very much JJ and NOTP! It's really sounding awesome, at least for the metal genres I like to play the most! I read all the other conversation and wow, I'm happy to know that my suspects were true, as I had never seen a crimson swirl rr3 with the neck binding, too.
        Unfortunately, it's giving me the very first issue: the output jack has become scratchy, even after cleaning it with contact cleaner and even re-soldering the wires. I ordered another in from Amazon, let's hope it'll be an close fit!

Comment

Very nice! Well done video, playing and nod to the the MIJ Jacksons!

Comment

thank you very much Razor!

Comment

That's a beautiful looking Rhoads model. It's nice to see that you really took your time, and gave it a proper cleaning/setup.
              Enjoy playing it!

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  Congrats on the RR3! And it's one with neck and headstock binding, Some of us theorize they left the factory that way:
                  This one for sure left the factory with binding as the neck is stamped RR3
                  ...as shown in his video.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X