NGD - Jackson DX10D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Jackson DX10D

When I first started playing one of the first guitars I had was a red flame top DX10D. I sold it years ago to pay for another one. I found this one in a local pawn shop earlier in the week and took it home for 200 out the door. The neck and frets are in excellent shape and other than a few dings the body is in good shape too.

This one has a pretty tight flame that is hard to picture as it's not very distinctive. I figured for the money I couldn't go wrong considering they were Made in Japan. This one has a seven digit serial number that is 96774**.

Last edited by Razor; 04-04-2021, 07:39 PM.

Great deal and looks sharp!

Comment

Yeah Looks Hawttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy

Comment

Cool colour.
        That should be a 2002, making it a first year production of the MIJ DX10Ds.
        I have 9674xxx listed as Feb/2002 and 9686xxx as Oct/2002.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Great Find!!

Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            Cool colour.
            That should be a 2002, making it a first year production of the MIJ DX10Ds.
            I have 9674xxx listed as Feb/2002 and 9686xxx as Oct/2002.
            Are you still keeping up the serial number database?

Comment

I've got a handwritten list of numbers confirmed with pocket stamps.
              Most came from this forum, some from other online sources.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I've got a handwritten list of numbers confirmed with pocket stamps.
                Most came from this forum, some from other online sources.
                Mudlark, My 1st and new to me Jackson is a used RR3. It came with a USED mark on the head stock ( removable neck.) AND upon removing the neck, I can clearly see the date inside the pocket.

As one person mentioned in my "Crooked Neck" thread, another member mentioned my serial number Sticker gave him that USED piece reaction. The place where the serial is on the neck plate, has one of those Stickers on it ( which when I pulled it off, it had only 1/2 the serial. the rest was ground off to be unrecognizable. The first 4 digits are 9829XXX and the neck pocket says 2008.

Comment

Under the sticker it says 9829xxx The x's are dremel ground away.

Last edited by chilipeppermaniac; 04-06-2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

it's a second. b stock. factory flub. a parts caster.
                    that's why it has been stamped, drilled, and stickered.

Comment

Originally posted by chilipeppermaniac View Post
                      The first 4 digits are 9829XXX and the neck pocket says 2008.
                      Looks like your serial was consistent with the others. I have 9830xxx stamped Oct 2008.
                      Sometimes oddities show up that don't follow the 'rules'...for lack of a better word.
                      It's interesting to see the end of the serial has been rendered unreadable. I've never seen under one of those stickers before.

Comment

Neck pocket of mine.

Comment

2002/Feb/25 ?
                          That falls right in line, too.

Comment

2002/Feb/25 ?
                            That falls right in line, too.
                            That's what it looks like to me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                              it's a second. b stock. factory flub. a parts caster.
                              that's why it has been stamped, drilled, and stickered.
                              Yup, I am aware of this practice from other makers too. All but the grinding out of serial numbers. I had a Mom and Pop Fender/ Epiphone/Martin guitar dealer and some of their Epiphone guitars would have Second, embossed in the back of the head stocks, and other guitars I have seen elsewhere that had the sticker like my RR3 does.

Before I picked this guitar up from a friend who picked it up for me about a month ago, he gave it a once over and said the guitar played great, stayed in tune no matter the divebombs he put it through with the Floyd, and it was dead silent as far as hum or any crackles from pots, jack or switch. So, other than the dings, and the neck running a bit crooked ( simple adjustment of neck and re-tighten screws) I am looking forward to rocking this bad boy and seeing how well I like the Duncan pups etc.

Thank you Mudlark and Razor etc on the serial number/ neck pocket dating comments too.

Comment

Working...
                              X