Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razor View Post
    Nice score! Can't go wrong with black!
    Thank you sir!! I am quite pleasantly surprised by and with it! And its.ginna be even more sick by this weekend, the official overhaul will begin probably Saturday - if not sooner...

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post

Yes. As far as I know, you'll only see those short horns on a 22 fret Dinky/Soloist.
      The overall body size is that of a 24 fret body, but the cutaways are shallower, which gives the short horns.

I don't think they could remove that much wood, especially the bottom horn, without causing problems.
      Aaaahhh, I never knew or noticed that!!! But then again, you really wouldn't need to take out more on the horns area anyhow... its got plenty of access to the highest frets as it is. But I think you could take a little more out without it causing issue, I would think as lo g as your not taking any extra out if or away from the neck pocket itself you should be good...

Comment

Original plan was to overhaul my DR7T this weekend, but I just couldn't wait!!! I need to go back and redo the wiring, but the major work is done! I'm happy with the way it came out!! Extra special thanks to John @ Inzaneskins.com & Neck Illusions for making this vision come to life!!

https://ibb.co/YkGfVJM

Comment

If that isn't the finest looking example of that model on the entire planet...
          I'd love to see one that looks better.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

That does look amazing!

Comment

That looks killer! Can you describe the transformation work on the inlays? And does the body skin also wrap around the sides and back of the body?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post

If that isn't the finest looking example of that model on the entire planet...
                I'd love to see one that looks better.
                thanks! I appreciate that!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
                  That does look amazing!
                  thank you as well!! I had like half a dozen different Graveyard graphics I picked out,, but that one worked the best, especially to be able to keep the stock satin chrome hardware and have it all tie in with the graphic and overall look...

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                    That looks killer! Can you describe the transformation work on the inlays? And does the body skin also wrap around the sides and back of the body?
                    Sure! The inlays are basically really thin and durable decals that go over the fingerboard. There's a few different ones I have used over the years, and they basically cover the dots. But these ones from Neck Illusions cover the entire fret area. They're thin enough that you don't feel them under your fingers or the strings when you play, and the strings won't catch them and peel them up.

As for the skin itself, I did just the body top for this one... John CAN do an entire body, back of neck and entire headstock wrap though... I didn't go that route because like the OG Dinky Graveyard graphic, it was just the top of the body. Plus, it takes a bit more skill than I have to trim all the pieces perfectly and so they won't peel. And never mind clear coating it... the last guitar I had professionally done I sent to one of the guys at ESP's USA shop to have it done.

I have a few others that have the skins for finishes, but those have matching headstock pieces and different inlays decals from another source... But they still look absolutely sick! I'll work on getting that pic uploaded for ya shortly...

And thanks man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      Here's the other 2 I have with the skin finishes. I did something new with the George Lynch Kamikaze graphic with these 2...

https://ibb.co/cYHCx5b

And a "before & after"of the DR7T:

https://ibb.co/rttcdKc

Comment

Kinda makes me think
                        Edgar Allan Poe.

Congratulations!

Looks Fantastic!!

Comment

Working...
                        X