No announcement yet.

New member & first Jackson since 1999!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member & first Jackson since 1999!!

Hey all! After being a long-time ESP & LTD user, I took home my first Jackson since 1999. I came across this MIJ '00 DR7T for $400, and couldn't let it go! It's completely bone stock and in good shape. No major dings or dents, but does look like they tried taking sandpaper to the back near the cavity covers to either start sanding the finish off, or to make it a satin finish... But the hardware is clean, not pitted or chipped, and the trem stays in tune from what little I've moved it.

Like all my guitars, I am already deep into its overhaul process having ordered a tons of new parts and goodies to get started in a few weeks. I'm going to do a combination with this one - a new take on the Graveyard graphic, but with the Pile O Skulls look with the (stock satin) chrome hardware. And obviously new pickups are on the way as well, going with a set of Duncan Black Winter 7's in this one too! Not sure what my specific control pattern is gonna be yet. But gonna be much more beast when I get done with it... Im not gonna divulge ALL the details just yet, will post them when it's done here and a few other places for all to enjoy...

So here's the guitar, and thanks for having me! Looking forward to seeing more killer axes and meeting some new fellow guitar needs like myself! Until then, stay safe!

pics or it didn't happen

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
      pics or it didn't happen
      Apparently being a new member, it won't let me load pics yet...

Comment

Need to host pics externally and link them here. Choose any free image host (https://www.google.ca/search?q=free+...4dUDCAg&uact=5), upload your images there, and copy-paste the generated links back here.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
          Need to host pics externally and link them here. Choose any free image host (https://www.google.ca/search?q=free+...4dUDCAg&uact=5), upload your images there, and copy-paste the generated links back here.
          Thanks man!! I'll try that now!

wrldeatr7 , let's try this...

First one is he guitar itself, 2nd one is some of the goodies thays going into and on it. Graphic skin gets delivered Monday, so the overhaul will take place next weekend!!!

https://ibb.co/VBQX5xH
          https://ibb.co/dWy5mSK

Comment

Looks mean.

I forgot they were 22 frets...check out them short horns. Pretty sure you only see them on 22 fretters.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Big fan of those black winters man How u liking the neck feel vs. your LTDs? Congrats, good price

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Looks mean.

I forgot they were 22 frets...check out them short horns. Pretty sure you only see them on 22 fretters.

thanks man! much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post
                  Big fan of those black winters man How u liking the neck feel vs. your LTDs? Congrats, good price
                  Thank you thank you!! This will be my 2nd trail of Duncan pickups in more than a decade, so I'm anxious to hear them. I've certainly heard a ton of good things about them, so we'll see...

As far as the neck shape goes, that too is really good! It's just a tad thinner than the LTD M-107's I've favored for almost 20 years, yet it's a tad thicker than the OG Ibanez RG7620 & UV, so it's a great shape with great playability!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    You bring up an interesting point. If there are no other 22-fret 7-string Dinky models, then this is basically the only short-horned Dinky body available that is compatible with a 7-string neck.

Comment

Wicked guitar man, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

You bring up an interesting point. If there are no other 22-fret 7-string Dinky models, then this is basically the only short-horned Dinky body available that is compatible with a 7-string neck.
                        Hmmm, that's interesting... and I notice that it's all the older original ones are like that too - the DR7, DR7T and the DX7 are all short horned... I wonder if this was a production thing on purpose, or it wasn't really noticed until now...

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
                          Wicked guitar man, congrats.
                          Thank you! If you think it's wicked now, just wait until I'm done with it ... my final piece that I need is showing up Monday, so I can FINALLY start working on it next weekend - IF I don't jump into it sooner... Working 60 hours a week tends to not leave much time for anything during the week...

Comment

Nice score! Can't go wrong with black!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkamikaze7 View Post

I wonder if this was a production thing on purpose
                              Yes. As far as I know, you'll only see those short horns on a 22 fret Dinky/Soloist.
                              The overall body size is that of a 24 fret body, but the cutaways are shallower, which gives the short horns.

I don't think they could remove that much wood, especially the bottom horn, without causing problems.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                              X