Reverse Headstock w/ offset dots ID question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Headstock w/ offset dots ID question

Good morning, I have a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to.
    Got a line on an affordable guitar but I really just want the neck.
    It's a 24 fret, maple/rosewood neck with a reverse headstock and only a "Jackson" logo (i.e. no Performer, Professional, etc).
    It's 25.5 scale according to the store.
    Neck plate is non original so no help from serial number, not sure if body goes with guitar but I don't want the body anyway.
    Was looking for a swap onto my Performer series Kelly but would like to keep it MIJ. Most of the MIJ ones I see with offset dots and reverse headstock also say "Performer" and I don't think I've ever seen offset dots on anything but MIJ guitars... but I've lost touch with all the newer outsourced models.
    Thank you all in advance!

Well, yes, typically you are going to see a Peforrner (PS-4)
    But you also have the DR-5, which would have Professional on the headstock until Jackson removed the series tags from everything.
    And the DK-2 had offset dots here in the last decade (years unknown). I believe they all had 3 neck screws.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I was going with DR 5 because that was the only picture I could find of anything anwhere that didn't have the "Professional" or "Performer" branding.
      It has been rendered moot because the guitar is gone from MGR site now. They had it up for $150 + 55 shipping "as is", Sounds like I missed the boat!
      Thanks again.

Comment

I believe a DR-5 is an ash body. You would definitely see wood grain on the body. Head stock just says Jackson professional. Also has sharkies.
        Last edited by John-w-Lawson; 03-18-2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Wish I could see pics. Sure it wasn’t a DX10 neck? (Normal, not the D version) A DR5 would have Professional on it, or at least it does in catalogs. Possibly ones in the wild went without it. If the Dinky Reverse had sharks it’s a DR3 unless you’re talking about something else.
          Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
          My collection also there!

Comment

Working...
          X