Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KVXMG vs 1992 Japan KV Std Professional

Hey there,
    I'm looking to buy a new axe, a Jackson, KV shaped.
    I'm currently hesitating between two models (second hand) : a 1992 Japan Std Professional and a KVXMG from circa 2012.
    I heard good things on both guitars but I'm not capable of making my decision, so if any of you had useful insights about it it would be really appreciated.

Aesthetically I prefer the X series (white paint) BUT I don't really care as long as I play with a KV.
    The 1992 Std only has 22 frets and I would like 24 but I can pass on that.
    The shark fins look pretty good on the KVXMG but I don't really care about that
    The pickups on the KVXMG are EMG 81-85 and I think I'll like them better than the ones on the Japanese (not specified but I think those are Duncan Designed or Jackson pickups). Anyways, I plan to replace them with SD pickups in about a year.
    I think the KVXMG has a neck thru, the STD is bolt on.
    The Std is at 250€ and the Kvxmg 380€.

Thanks for your help,

What's the condition of the tips?
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Tips got a little bit damaged on both, but nothing huge.

Comment

The STD may be a better deal if it's in proper condition, but almost 30 years can can take a lot out of frets and tremolo-wear-points.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Get the KVXMG
          Saying this as an avid hater of china/india/indonesia imports.
          But it is a neck-through guitar with EMGs, and the floyd would keep tuning better than a worn and tarnished takeuchi.

But X series isnt worth 380 used, new they are 580-600€ NEW WITH WARRANTY AND FREE RETURNS.

Offer 300, or 330 shipped. The horns are damaged. 380 is ok if it has v shaped molded jackson case.

My friend bought an SLSMG for 220€ couple weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
          X