Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 MIJ Model 4 EMG compatibility

Hey Yall!

I bought Ferrari red 87 Model 4 for $5.00 and I think the pickups are toast. Everything about the guitar is great, cept for a few dents, but who cares! I got this SHREDDER for 5$ and want it to be balls to the wall.

I know the stock pickups are passive, but with an active midboost.

So, question is...How much of a pain in the ass would it be to install the EMG HSS set in the model 4? (I love EMG, they're in all of my other guitars and I don't want to put in anything else)

Do you have any examples or diagrams on how to overhaul the guitar with the EMG HSS?

Let me know! Been plugging around the internet for an hour looking up diagrams until I found this community!

Let me know guys, much love!

-Bob

You can wire the emgs pretty easy to the factory switches just like the stock pickups, after you remove the mid boost unit. just leave the mid post pot in there to keep the hole plugged. you can use the stock battery holder and input jack to power the emgs.

Comment

A Model Series Charvel for less than the price of a meal is a total steal! I might spend more than that in gasoline driving to get some deals across town. Such a weird price though! What compelled the seller to accept $5? Why not zero, or a nice round "reasonable" number like $50 or $100 which are still a steal?

Comment

Not guitars, but I have posted stuff for $5-10 but put in the ad -
        (For an appliance part) I would just give this away for free, but I don't want some repair man taking it for free and then charging you $100. The nominal fee scares them away but still gets you a hell of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
          You can wire the emgs pretty easy to the factory switches just like the stock pickups, after you remove the mid boost unit. just leave the mid post pot in there to keep the hole plugged. you can use the stock battery holder and input jack to power the emgs.
          Dude, thank you so much! This is what I thought, I just didn’t know if there’s another variable to consider!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            A Model Series Charvel for less than the price of a meal is a total steal! I might spend more than that in gasoline driving to get some deals across town. Such a weird price though! What compelled the seller to accept $5? Why not zero, or a nice round "reasonable" number like $50 or $100 which are still a steal?
            So, I was at my local thrift store doing my weekly rounds and saw the guitar behind the counter. I saw the headstock and said “holy shit, no way”
            Since the guitar was behind the counter I thought the price tag said $500, until she brought me the guitar and saw the decimal point, 5.00$. I tried to keep my cool, which I’m sure I didn’t because I have a very expressive face.

it’s a gorgeous guitar, midboost is fried, but what’s a 250$ investment in this classic? I’ll take that bet!

Comment

Here she is!

The shark fin and the grain of the neck are really special.

absolutely blown away by this classic charvel, and it’s way heavier than I thought!

I put a brass block in the JT6
              I also had to buy some string blocks (3 for 33$ on eBay)

I’ll keep y’all posted with updates when she’s all good to go!

thanks for your interest, much love dudes!

-Bob
              Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Comment

Great story about the thrift store! That is in really good shape! Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                X