Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ King V Pro Dave Mustaine - looking for more info

Hello all, new guy, first post!

I hope this is the right area, and yes I already tried the search function. Also have googled a bit.

I bought this guitar new in 1993. As the title says, it's a Dave Mustaine King V Pro. Posting here to share and ask for info.

I'd like to get another one but they seem to be quite rare. There's one on Reverb (for the low, low price of $5,000) and the seller says only 150 were made, but I have read in other places that 500 were made.

When I put my serial number in the online decoder it says the production number is 01212. So I'm assuming that means at least 1,212 were made. ?

Any experts out there know anything about the actual production numbers of these? Am I interpreting that correctly?

I find that serial number decoder to be pretty useless. Someone else probably knows more, but I doubt there is any way to know aside from speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam1936 View Post
      I find that serial number decoder to be pretty useless. Someone else probably knows more, but I doubt there is any way to know aside from speculation.
      Interesting. I think it had the mfg year and location right, but maybe that's it. You're probably right - no way to know how many were made.

Comment

Originally posted by VeeMan View Post

Interesting. I think it had the mfg year and location right, but maybe that's it. You're probably right - no way to know how many were made.
        For lots of other Jacksons it gets even the year completely wrong. Maybe someone knows more though.

Comment

What colour/finish is your KV Pro?
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
            What colour/finish is your KV Pro?
            Black. Is the picture not showing?

Comment

Originally posted by VeeMan View Post

Black. Is the picture not showing?
              Yeah nah.

I've got a matching KV1 though so I can imagine it.

Always wondered if the Cherry Sunburst one is the rarest out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post

Yeah nah.

I've got a matching KV1 though so I can imagine it.

Always wondered if the Cherry Sunburst one is the rarest out there...
                Weird. I linked the pic from another forum that's hosting it, and it displays for me.

You might be right about the cherry. I've been watching for these for several years, and every single time I see one for sale (which is not often), it's black. I find it hard to believe the silver sparkle ones sold very well, but maybe that's just me. I thought they were gaudy. I'd love to have the cherry one.

Comment

Probably won't display the picture outside of that forum. I'd love a cherry or silver one. But the holy grail (for me at least) would be a Korina KV1.

Comment

Working...
                  X