X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2021 Jacksons online, several MIJ

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/new

mj... made in japan? too bad the shark inlays are MOTO

I like that andreu rhoads, especially because it brings back poplar.
    Last edited by metalhobo; 01-11-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

the pink SL1X is pretty interesting in that from the pics its a top mounted floyd. Specs all say recessed but we'll see.

Comment

in other news, the site now lists the sl2h at $3900

Comment

I see some neat stuff and some unique options that I'll be adding to my database within a few days. I like the Dinky Reverse with the Dimarzios. I also like seeing Gotoh hardware on some. It's too bad the crackle finishes aren't on the MIJ stuff. Also worryingly, aren't new MIJ stuff the cost of what MIA stuff used to be? What plant exactly is doing the MIJ stuff? It's not the original one right?
          Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
          My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
            I see some neat stuff and some unique options that I'll be adding to my database within a few days. I like the Dinky Reverse with the Dimarzios. I also like seeing Gotoh hardware on some. It's too bad the crackle finishes aren't on the MIJ stuff. Also worryingly, aren't new MIJ stuff the cost of what MIA stuff used to be? What plant exactly is doing the MIJ stuff? It's not the original one right?
            Yeah, crackle models are usually Chinese. As far as I can tell, the plant making the MIJ guitars is the...Fender Japan plant. They have their own now, well, have had for a couple of years.
            Last edited by wrldeatr7; 01-11-2021, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I was shocked to see the Crackles in the stores after all these years. Next observation was; Can't believe how expensive those Crackle models are (for a Chinese guitar). But I guess Chinese quality is better these days (sorry I've been away from this stuff for a while)?
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

The one I like the most is the shattered mirror Kelly.

The one that is messing with my mind the most is the Rickenbacker styled Concert Bass. I can understand since Rickenbacker had triangular inlays before Jackson existed, let alone made sharkfin inlays their thing. Really cheeky.

I'd go with one of the new Jackson MJ models over an E-II, but ESP USA is very tempting compared to Jackson USA after all the price hikes.

Comment

Originally posted by DesolationBlvd View Post
                  The one I like the most is the shattered mirror Kelly.
                  thanks for pointing that out. when I was thumbing through the pages I guess I must have just thought it was a white kelly from the low-res image, but that's actually pretty cool. hope to see that "finish" on some other models! (ahem, "warrior") I see they applied the mirroring to the sl3r, but it's not shattered
                  Last edited by metalhobo; 01-12-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I guess at least they are true to the vintage styles. Compared to BC Rich which seems keen on putting gaudy fucking abalone on everything these days which was never present "back in the day".
                    Last edited by Sanctuary; 01-13-2021, 02:36 AM.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I went back through them again today. I can't believe I missed the fact that there's now an import SL1 with a weird explanation for that name at that. Also notice that several X Series now have Jackson brand pickup instead of the Duncan Designs. That concert bass is just ugly. Some of the camo finishes are a bit tacky but sometimes they work.
                      Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                      My collection also there!

Comment

Is it safe to assume that the factory that makes Japanese Fender guitars is making these new Japanese Jacksons? If so, what factory makes Japanese Fenders?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                          Is it safe to assume that the factory that makes Japanese Fender guitars is making these new Japanese Jacksons? If so, what factory makes Japanese Fenders?
                          a thread from the gear page in 2018 indicates the fenders might be built by Dyna Gakki (https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...ctory.1981945/)

while it would make sense in one regard to have the lines under the same roof, I do know that sometimes bolt-ons and neck-throughs aren't built in the same factories. see charvel vs. jackson imports. even the ESP custom shop in japan has a different shop for bolt-ons. to summarize, I have no information to add either way.

Comment

Does anybody know were the new X series Camo's are made? If they are made in China like the Crackles then I'm not going there....

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonGrinder View Post
                              Does anybody know were the new X series Camo's are made? If they are made in China like the Crackles then I'm not going there....
                              I haven't seen anything in that regard yet. My suspicion is Cort - Indonesia because of the lighter color of the fretboard. Chinese Jacksons tend to have darker fretboards.

Comment

Working...
                              X