Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    I checked the Sweetwater page....
    It may be a hard sell to customers to believe MIJ production is worth $1000+ more than the other Pro series models, no?
    The price increase from the Indo Pros to the Korean Wildcard was already considerable, for Orignal Floyd, Fishman/DiMarzio pickups, luminlay dots, and 5 piece neck. The MIJ goes for Gotoh tremolo and mostly bolt-ons. That adds another couple hundred and makes them double the price of an Indo Pro. For folks who really value MIJ I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
      One of the store near me brought one in, it played better than the Northern Light Indo SL2P next to it.
      That is surprising. After the notorious Jackson too-narrow-neck issue that one guy posted with his Chinese Y factory crackle, I thought Jackson would be done with them. Maybe it was a problem only with a couple of guitars and not entire lots like with Wildwood.

Comment

I like the DK2X, but its just a pricier DXMG.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm shocked at the price of the new Pro series wild cards. Korean built with a $1,799 price tag.

-Rick

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
            That is surprising. After the notorious Jackson too-narrow-neck issue that one guy posted with his Chinese Y factory crackle, I thought Jackson would be done with them. Maybe it was a problem only with a couple of guitars and not entire lots like with Wildwood.
            With stuffs mostly being done with a CNC machine nowadays, one off issues like that is more of a QC checking problem at Fender's end rather than the factory imo. Same with the inconsistent Pro series at Samick and Wildwood, you don't see other brands having that much reported QC problems. Although the issue with Wildwood was probably why they moved to Cort and Samick.

The price increase from the Indo Pros to the Korean Wildcard was already considerable, for Orignal Floyd, Fishman/DiMarzio pickups, luminlay dots, and 5 piece neck. The MIJ goes for Gotoh tremolo and mostly bolt-ons. That adds another couple hundred and makes them double the price of an Indo Pro. For folks who really value MIJ I guess.
            With the Wildcad you can somewhat excuse the price jump due to it being a limited run with fancy features and hardware not brought in large batches. The MJ is underspecced if you compare it to the old USA production its supposed to replace, but its in line with the Prestige and E-II in that range. Only problem is that you can buy and pimp 2 DK2/DXMG with the same spec + a fret replacement to Stainless Steel for the price its selling for.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post

With stuffs mostly being done with a CNC machine nowadays, one off issues like that is more of a QC checking problem at Fender's end rather than the factory imo. Same with the inconsistent Pro series at Samick and Wildwood, you don't see other brands having that much reported QC problems. Although the issue with Wildwood was probably why they moved to Cort and Samick.

With the Wildcad you can somewhat excuse the price jump due to it being a limited run with fancy features and hardware not brought in large batches. The MJ is underspecced if you compare it to the old USA production its supposed to replace, but its in line with the Prestige and E-II in that range. Only problem is that you can buy and pimp 2 DK2/DXMG with the same spec + a fret replacement to Stainless Steel for the price its selling for.
              That's my thinking too. That's why they dropped Wildwood and gave all their business to Cort and Samick. But if FMIC isn't paying for QC, then that sort of stuff is going to keep happening at any other plant. Compare to the great guitars Wildwood makes for Solar. I've yet to hear someone unhappy with the Solar guitar.
              Any idea why FMIC dropped Harmony?

Even worse, for less than the Wildcards, you can get an insanely spec'd Korean Schecter Evil Twin and whatever else all their other equivalent models are called.
              Last edited by wrldeatr7; 01-25-2021, 08:54 PM.

Comment

That's my thinking too. That's why they dropped Wildwood and gave all their business to Cort and Samick. But if FMIC isn't paying for QC, then that sort of stuff is going to keep happening at any other plant. Compare to the great guitars Wildwood makes for Solar. I've yet to hear someone unhappy with the Solar guitar.
                Any idea why FMIC dropped Harmony?

Even worse, for less than the Wildcards, you can get an insanely spec'd Korean Schecter Evil Twin and whatever else all their other equivalent models are called.
                The Wildcards are a limited run and priced as such, a full Korean production line would be priced closer to the Dinky Ash, which is about the same as the Evil Twin.

Considering the poor QC continued on in the Samick and Cort production, I'm sure its FMIC being cheap fuck and letting stuffs through that they shouldn't have. With Harmony, its probably because they wanted to move production across the board to Indonesia for the higher priced stuffs, and China is cheaper for the JSes. Wildwood made both the X and the Pro for the first few years I'm fairly sure.

Also, the new DK3XR seems kinda underspecced. They're only $100 less than the Soloist and DK2X, no binding, specced the same as the JS32/JS34 with the difference being China vs Indonesia. Seems like a big jump from 300 for the JS32/JS34 to 500 for the X-series, with the only difference being flat top and funky 80s colors. I'd rather see a 399/449 X-series Dinky made in China with Duncan Designed and Floyd Special (or since its made in China actual Duncans) than this. The DK2X as well doesn't seems to be good value, for 599 is pitted up right against the SLX, and its a bolt on with Jackson actives.
                Last edited by Crumbling; 01-26-2021, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                  mj... made in japan? too bad the shark inlays are MOTO

I like that andreu rhoads, especially because it brings back poplar.
                  Remind me what MOTO is, please. Mark Of The Onion? Octopus? Seriously! I totally forgot! I think if I'm ever gonna buy a new Jackson, it would have to be the RR24MG7. 7 strings and that reverse headstock serves as a great way to warn off clowns who plead ignorance to social distancing.
                  Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-27-2021, 03:24 PM.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

mother of toilet seat i think its basically plastic

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonGrinder View Post
                      Does anybody know were the new X series Camo's are made? If they are made in China like the Crackles then I'm not going there....
                      They're made in Indonesia. And much to my surprise by Samick. I think these are the only Samick X-Series so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X